Wednesday, March 02, 2005

A Long Awaited Dinner

Us at Angelini Osteria

Ever since Ingrid had a dinner with her firm at
Angelini Osteria, she hasn't been able to stop talking about how good the food is. I've heard so much about this establishment, I've grown quite curious myself, but it seems that every time we try to make a spontaneous visit for dinner, the place is closed. Well, last night, that all changed and we arrived there promptly for our 8:30 pm reservation. Upon arrival, I recognized a coworker of mine, Doug, at the door who quickly introduced me to his lovely wife. We exchanged small talk until they were seated, and Ingrid and I both thought they made a cute couple.

After Doug and his wife went inside to eat, we huddled together for warmth like the rest of the couples waiting outside to be seated, at which time I hear a guy walking toward us saying something like, "Whoa. There's a whole lotta huggin' goin' on out here. A lotta' closeness! Man, I want what that place is servin'!" Finding this amusing, I look up to see who's speaking and it was none other than
Michael Rapaport. At the time, I couldn't remember his name and neither could the other patrons who also recognized who he was. One guy said, "He's one of those movie stars you never remember the name of and just know him as 'that guy who co-starred in that movie.'" Apparently, he was right. With that said, though, I thoroughly enjoy Michael Rapaport's acting and his films... which I can't remember the names of.

Star Searching

As if seeing one movie star wasn't enough, here's Ingrid on star-search mode. This is shortly after we finished our meal. Ingrid had some pasta dish, as usual, and I ordered the
osso buco. I must be honest... after all that build-up over this place, I was slightly disappointed to find that the osso buco at Angelini's wasn't quite as good as the osso buco I enjoy regularly at Girasole. It was an excellent meal, nevertheless. Overall, I rate my meal an 8 of 10 (my salad was a 9).

Tivo Time

Ahhh. No better way to end the day than by cozying up next to my girl, and my girl cozying up next to Tivo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home