Kuda Huraah!! (Day 8)

Ahhhhh... Day 3 of our magnificent stay in the Maldives began and we started it off right by catching the spectacular sunrise. I'm sure you're wondering what we're doing up so early in the morning.

Well the night before, Ingrid learned that among other things, the resort offers a yoga class at sunrise right here on the dock.

Okay, maybe it was scheduled for a little after sunrise but being there early didn't bother me a bit. It's funny how easy it is to wake up in the morning when you have absolutely nothing at all to do. No work, no chores, no errands, no nothin'. After watching the sunrise together, I left Ingrid to attend her class.

It turned out that Ingrid was the only person to attend the yoga class that morning, so she ended up getting her own personal session. I swear, it was like we were the only people on the entire island.

Okay, maybe others were there, but they weren't very imposing.

That morning, the back of my legs were feeling the effects of the sunburn from the day before... what else is new? This always happens to me. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now, but I clearly haven't.

As Ingrid yoga'ed, I grabbed an excerpt from the New York Times and worked on the crossword puzzle, which became an daily activity for me. Swim, drink, lounge, read, eat, and work on my crossword puzzle. That's just about it.

After Ingrid's session ended, we sat down for a delicious meal at the breakfast buffet, which was one of the best I've ever enjoyed. It had it all... fresh juices, an omelete station, a variety of bread (complete with a toaster), fruit, miso soup, dim sum and french toast to name a few.

We didn't realize it then, but we had started what would be our routine for the next couple of days. Me with the crossword puzzle, and Ingrid with the chocolate croissant, eggs, toasted bread with cream cheese and lox, and of course, the fresh juice of the day. As Ingrid finished her breakfast, I took a handful of food out to the shore to see if any fish would bite, and sure enough, tons of them did, and not just fish. I'll elaborate on that later, but for now, let's just add that to the routine.

Another part of our routine was to claim our stake underneath this hut, which quickly became Ingrid's favorite place to relax.

My favorite place was right out here in the pool, next to my egret friend.

As I floated around, I could hear the bar calling. And it was clearly calling for me, since there was no one else there to call.

Time flies when you're relaxing, and before I knew it, hours had passed, so before I turned into a fish, I got out of the pool and joined Ingrid under the hut to read, relax and look out at the ocean.

I honestly dont't think I've ever had such an amazingly relaxing time. Just lounging there, working on my crossword puzzle, reading, dozing off, looking out at the ocean... I couldn't have been happier. But after spending the entire morning vegging out, we got hungry. And when I asked Ingrid what she felt like eating, she said that she wouldn't mind having some more of that delicious lobster we had for dinner the night before. So guess what we had for lunch?...

That's right... Lobster (and a burger for me).

Poolside, by the way.

And let's not forget a nice bottle of white wine to wash it all down. I mean really,... can this get any better?

... okay, maybe just a little bit better with the popsicle of the day (mango!).
As I mentioned, earlier that day, I had taken some buffet food and went to feed the fish. Well not only did I end up feeding the fish. There were a few eels that came out to feast on the smoked salmon I was serving. I told Ingrid about this over breakfast, but I don't think she believed me until she actually saw the eels with her own eyes. As we sat by the pool and ate lunch, I threw lobster scraps into the sea, and my eel friends made an appearance.

The movie quality isn't great (don't worry, there will be more) so here's a still picture of the eel.

Before we knew it, the sun was setting We had spent the enitre day lounging around and relaxing. We headed back to our room to shower in our amazing outdoor shower, but not before we caught the spectacular sunset.

And after showering, we headed out to dinner. Unfortunately, I left my camera in the room (and was too lazy to go back and get it), so I don't have any pictures of our wonderful "fisherman's feast", but it was fantastic.

After dinner, we returned to our room, but not before we caught a glimpse of the moon. It's so bright it looks like it could be the sun, but trust me, the sun had already set long, long before this picture was taken. A romantically relaxing day finally came to an end, and Ingrid and I couldn't wait for the next day to begin.


2 Comments:
Wow! The Maldives sound like such a relaxing place to be! What time of the year did you go? (It seems like there are very few other people at the resort) Was it September in the Maldives when you went? Wow, it just all seems so secluded and beautiful everywhere. We really enjoy reading your blog and looking at your pictures!
It was amazing there. The dates of the post are the actual dates we were there. Glad you enjoy my blog.
Post a Comment
<< Home