Monday, March 28, 2005

Whisper Lounging

Shhhh... Shhhh....

Saturday night, Ingrid headed out to meet up with her friends at Maggiano's to celebrate the engagement of Annie and Jason... friends from law school. I had to recover from what good friends know was a very very stressful and sleepless Friday and Saturday, and camped on the couch for a few hours while she attended dinner. I managed to catch the tail end of the event and saw a good friend of mine and Annie's co-worker, Lisa Blee who was quick to "congratulate" (?!?) me on my pronouncement of love for Ingrid and the general calming of my wild lifestyle.

On the Lam

After dinner, Ingrid, Ingrid's good friend from law school, Christine, the soon-to-be Lams, and I grabbed some drinks at the nearby Whisper Lounge. Darren joined us for the after-dinner festivities and gave us all free tickets to the gun show, or better yet, the derringer show. Lucky us.

Jeep! Jeep!

We all exchanged stories with subjects ranging from suits, swimming, and salaries to cars, Costco and Christine's thong... don't ask. Of course, with Ingrid around her girlfriends, there was no stopping the gossip about hollywood icons, which Darren, Jason and I thoroughly enjoyed. Good times.

Stripes!

At one point, Ingrid and I tried to blend into the wallpaper, but that didn't work so well. The following day was Easter and after a visit to church, Ingrid and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Venice Beach, my hometown. It was a perfect weekend and made us nostalgic for Brazil. Happy Easter!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mission #5 completed

end of mr. wildboy as we know it?

3/29/2005 12:36 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

As I mentioned to you before, she's the love of my life and if that means an end to the wildness... so be it. Yes, I know... it's like the end of an era, but shit, I'm an old man already, and too old for the crazy life I'm leaving behind.

3/29/2005 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahahaha! Money finally caved. Not getting married until his mid-30s my ass. I, on the other hand, am happily married at 12. And my life hasn't changed a bit.

3/29/2005 5:40 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Congratulations, by the way, on getting married. You might very well be the youngest boy to ever get married.

3/29/2005 8:51 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

I can't wait to see the "picutre" of the bunnies.

- The Grammar Police.

4/04/2005 2:20 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Steele - I'll make sure you're around for anything like that... Ingrid's a good girl. You'll meet her soon.

Jake - Nice GP'ing of the blog. I like the dictionary.com link. Too bad that the typo will be deleted once the picture of the bunnies is inserted.

4/07/2005 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home