Loungin' in Landaa (Day 12)

The next morning for breakfast, I ordered those tasty noodles from the noodle bar that Ingrid had the day before. They were so delicious, I had a second serving (i.e., Ingrid's bowl of noodles), along with all of the other usual goodies.

And there's nothing like a little miso soup with rice to get the day started off right. That place had really everything you could ever want for breakfast.

Our room was so amazing that after our meal, we decided to spend some alone time there and work on our crossword puzzle and relax.

I suppose there's not much reason to go to the resort pool when you have a private pool in your room that overlooks the beautiful blue ocean.

Of course, I took some food back with me from the breakfast buffet to feed the fish. Although there weren't many fish near our room, the ones that did swim by were much larger than we were used to seeing.

After some quiet time in our room, we left to check out the island spa. The resort offered the both of us complimentary spa treatments, and Ingrid and I decided to each get a massage. Seeing as how my toe got smashed and all, it was the least they could do. I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed that we couldn't participate in any physical activities like we had planned for the second half of our trip, but with free spa treatments, Ingrid didn't seem to mind.

After stopping by the spa, we walked over to the infinity pool where I proceeded to drink away the pain in my toe (or at least that's what I told Ingrid I was trying to do) as we waited for our massage appointments.

Eventually, it came time for our massages, which we would actually be getting at the same time and in the same room. How romantic.

Ingrid suggested I put on a thin pair of disposable underwear for the massage. Relatively hammered at that point, I entertained Ingrid put them on and then flexed my muscles... and this was Ingrid's reaction. Thanks, love.

Yes, Ingrid, I love you too, but you should really look down into the water and check out all the fish!

After our great massages we showered and went back to our room for some more lounging.

Feeling refreshed, we made dinner reservations at Al Barakat restaurant shortly before sunset. Unfortunately, when we got to the restaurant, I realized I left my camera in our room, so I don't have any pictures to share other than this one I ripped off of the Four Seasons website. With the island being so large, it didn't make sense for me to catch a ride all the way back to the room to get it. But suffice it to say that we dined on delicious Arabic food and wine out here on the patio, and after dinner enjoyed some shisha out of a water pipe, which was my favorite part of the evening (I'll explain later what shisha is).

As soon as we got back to our room, I made Ingrid take this picture of me summarizing the day. Thumbs up!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home