Thursday, September 27, 2007

More of the Maldives (Day 9)

IMG_8079

Another day, another spectacular sunrise. You know, a guy could really get used to this.

IMG_8081

That morning, Ingrid convinced me to join her for the morning yoga session with our friend, Justin, so I took a few minutes to loosen up.

IMG_8082

Instead of watching the sunrise, Ingrid should've done like me and taken some time to loosen up because shortly into our session, she got a cramp in her calf. Here she is all cramped up. In the words of Justin: Reeeelax... your calf. Your calf is now relaxed.

IMG_8083

After our morning exercise and fresh juice of the day, we grabbed some breakfast, and Ingrid scooped some honey produced by honeybees straight from the honeycomb on our honeymoon. Good job, honey. Okay, I'll stop now.

IMG_8086

Mmmmmm. Like the morning before, breakfast was super delish. And the crossword puzzle for the day was equally challenging.

IMG_8089

We had booked a romance package for our stay at Kuda Huraa, which included a dinner of our choice, so over breakfast, we consulted with the island chef to nail down exactly what we fancied. I was sure there would be parameters around what we could request, but the chef actually said he would prepare whatever our stomachs desired. Can you believe that?!! I'll cover what we ordered later in this post.

IMG_8090

After submitting our dinner order, I claimed our stake under the hut and fed my ocean friends. My eel buddies weren't shy about coming out for breakfast. You can see three of them in this picture.



Here's a good video of them one of them munching on some snacks. I could have done this all day.

IMG_8095

Ingrid scheduled a spa visit that afternoon, so after lounging by the pool all morning, I saw Ingrid off to the spa. She had to take a boat just to get there.

IMG_8103

Of course, while she was at the spa, I was nursing a slight hangover underneath my hut, feeding the sea life, chatting with my egret friend, drinking and working on my crossword puzzle. Ahhhh... how relaxing.

*WARNING - THE FOLLOWING STORY IS NOT FOR READERS WHO ARE EASILY GROSSED OUT*

You've been warned. So anyway, as the day progressed my hangover began to subside and I decided to go snorkeling to burn the hangover off. Not a great idea, because the waves had me rocking back and forth, and as I was out there swimming around, I realized I had to barf. Well, with no place to go, I hurled while under the water. And almost immediately, I was surrounded by hundreds of fish coming to feed on my barf. It was totally disgusting yet fascinating at the same time. So guess what I did... Yep, I barfed again. And again. Awesome.

IMG_8102

Speaking of relaxing, after her spa treatment, Ingrid was feeling as relaxed as ever. She told me there were windows beneath the massage tables so that you could see the fish swim by while getting your massage.

IMG_8105

In addition to spa treatments, the island offered tons of activities that we could sign up for, but we figured that for the first few days and nights in the Maldives, we would just relax and do nothing but sleep, drink and eat (and play a little ping pong). So that's exactly what we did. And before we knew it, we had watched yet another sunset and it was time to enjoy the meal we had planned with the chef earlier that day.

IMG_8108

And we'd be enjoying that meal right here on the beach outside our room.

IMG_8117

A romantic dinner by torchlight... awesome.

IMG_8128

For starters, we weren't too particular and asked the chef to prepare a dish with grilled shrimp and veggies, and this delicious plate is what we got.

IMG_8127

With the wine flowing, Ingrid was definitely loving me at this point. What a lucky guy I am.

IMG_8129

Ingrid and I loved the lobster bisque we had earlier in our stay and asked the chef to prepare a couple bowls for us. This batch was even better than the first.

IMG_8130

For the main course, Ingrid ordered grilled fish with vegetables, which was scrumptious, but didn't compare to the grilled lobster on a bed of asparagus and mashed potatoes that I enjoyed!! Mmmmmmm. I shared with Ingrid, of course...

IMG_8136

And for dessert, we had spoonfuls of gelato, together with fruit.

IMG_8137

A perfect dinner in a perfect setting and a perfect way to end the day. Ingrid couldn't have been happier, and when I see her this happy, I'm happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home