Friday, April 01, 2005

Happy Forbidden Birthdays!!

Happy birthday to me!!

On Thursday night, I turned 28 years old. On the exact same day, Darren turned 27 years old. In celebration of our birth, we got together with a bunch of our good friends and all headed out for an evening of fun and adventure. The plan was to rendezvous at Daddy's Lounge and then walk over to my friend Spanky's club, Forbidden City, for some forbidden fun... and, of course, to get hammered in the process.

We're on our way

My brother met up with Ingrid and me early on at her house. Being the responsible adults that we are, we phoned a taxicab from Ingrid's house but what arrived was an old Toyota Tercel with no meter and a husband and his wife holding a Thomas Guide in her lap... interesting. The fare? $7.

Daddy's Lounge

My brother and I struck this pose when we arrived at Daddy's Lounge. This was shortly after I got irritated with him wearing the same color shirt as me. I find it strange that I look shorter than him in this picture, given that I'm 6'0" and he's 5'10" (and yes, I needed to point that out).

Time for drinks

We were among the first to arrive and quickly secured an area for our friends.

All I need in this life of sin, is me and my girlfriend... and my Heineken.

Chillin'...

My bro was lovin' the scene... and the drinks of course.

We gon' party like it's yo' birthday. We gon' sip Bacardi like it's yo' birthday...

Man am I excited...

Jake arrived a little later and for some reason I was overjoyed to see him.

Let's get retarded! Let's get retarded in here!

Von Louda, Gordon and me

Jake's friend Dana, who just moved here from Florida, also made it out to join in the festivities.

Brooke and dude...

Of course, Brooke was there and kept talking about buying me a drink for my birthday, but I never saw it.

Move, Evereth!!!

Sperbernator, Evereth and Natasha showed up in full force as well...

Saul in Jake's game

Jake threw Saul into the mix as well as into his own game...

Now Jake can relax...

But quickly removed Saul from his evening recipe... Time to get things cookin'!

We were deep

We were deep... and getting deeper by the second. I felt so loved.

Still drinking...

We had the makings of a great night out and none of us were in the mood to disappoint.

Glowing gift-giving

Ingrid got Darren and me some glow in the dark thing you put in your mouth as a little birthday gift. It was somewhat unnecessary for Darren whose mouth already glows in the dark, except shortly after those rare instances where he brushes his teeth.

Jeep and Destro

In turn, Frosty presented us with these shirts for our birthday. That's Jeep (from Popeye) on the left and Destro (from GIJOE) on the right. Can you see the resemblances?

1, 2, 3!!!

And the gift-giving didn't stop there... Ingrid got us three shots of our favorite beverage for the two birthday boys and her to enjoy. What an awesome girlfriend!

No more than this...

Just before downing them, Darren and I said we wouldn't drink any more than that... we lied.

Drink drink drink!!!

What a perfect gift for a Jeep... pure gasoline.

Reservior Dogs

After Daddy's Lounge, we headed to the nearby Forbidden City for some drinks and dancing. On the way there, I snapped this Reservoir Dogs-like shot of the crew. Starting from the left there's Haji (Mr. Green), Frosty (Mr. White), Enrique (Mr. Black), Ingrid (Ms. Gold), Shawn (Mr. Blue) and Darren (Mr. Brown).

Reservoir Dogs

Okay, I guess we all weren't wearing black suits and ties, but you get the picture.

You want some?

Jake wanted to get in the Reservior Dogs spirit too, but his entourage didn't oblige. I guess we should just call him "Mr. Clear".

Me and Spank

When we finally arrived at Forbidden City, Spanky met us at the door and flexed his power by hurrying us ahead of a line of irritated party-goers. Too bad he didn't have the power to make my cup magically refill...

We be clubbin'

We were all settling in quite nicely and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Hoochies...

It turned out Dub magazine was at Forbidden City as well as DJ Lady Tribe who's the really unattractive one in the white shirt.

Birthday 141

And just for Darren's birthday, there was a go-go dancer... who Darren has absolutely no recollection of...

Something in Shawn's Pocket

Spanky reserved a VIP section for us because he knew we would all eventually be Very Intoxicated People. And along with our glow in the dark mouthpieces, my girl got us some awesome birthday glasses which I circulated and demanded that people put on...

Brooke in the glasses

Brooke was game.

Enrique in the glasses

So was Enrique.

More?!!

"What?!!! Wait a minute!!! There's another one?!!! Why didn't anyone tell me?!

Cute...

Excellent!!!

Ingrid and the glasses

Of course, Ingrid was a good sport too. (Gentlemen, please note that she's inadvertently doing a Shocker with her left hand)

That was funny...

I had never really had a birthday party before, and was thrilled to be there with so many friends. Thanks to all of you who came out!

OJ and Apple

Early in the evening, I ordered a couple bottles of Absolut for our table and along with the vodka came carafes of various juices and Red Bull for mixing... as well as for posing.

We're supertough...

After realizing that we didn't look so tough with carafes of juice in our hands, we quickly put them down and made these cool poses instead. Ummm... yeah. Much better.

Monkey-Lite moves in...

With the drinks flowing, people's inhibitions dropped and although he knew I had a girlfriend, Monkey-Lite leaned in for a kiss. I had to let him down easy and told him that I'm straight...

Kevin and the glasses

I think Ingrid has a sad look on her face in this picture because she wanted to wear the glasses, but hey, it was MY birthday, not hers, and I was going to wear them, damnit!

We came to party...

And wear them I did.

Getting fired up

Even if they were only on my head.

Big Kev and Little Kev

Darren's younger brother Lil' Kev was there and graciously posed for this picture with Big Kev.

We rock!

We were stylin' with drinks in hand and having a blast!

Me and my bro

Bunny ears, Jake? Geez! We're not 5 years old anymore... as you should clearly be able to tell by the glasses I'm wearing.

By the way, at some point between this picture and the next one, that glow-in-the-dark stick in my mouth exploded and I began spitting its glowing contents from my mouth. It was cool. Again, we're not 5 years old anymore, Jake.

Me, my bro and Haji

I think the glow-in-the-dark chemicals made me temporarily insane... That, or the vodka Red Bulls I was drinking.

** A very special thanks goes to Haji for not only searching for, but locating and driving both Ingrid and me home at the end of the night. Thanks, Haj!

Ingrid and Ari

After running around and taking pictures with everybody in my birthday glasses, I turned the camera around to take pictures of others... First victim: My beautiful girlfriend and our good friend Ari.

Kevin and Darren

Next was Darren and his brother. And if you don't know either of them, please allow me to clarify. Darren is the one that looks like a Jeep and has a funny-looking elf ear. Jeep! Jeep!

Jake and Natasha

Jake was obviously saddened by Natasha's recent departure from the firm. Of course, Natasha was clearly happy to have escaped from the corporate shackles.

Frosty n' Friend

Frosty and Enrique work together and play together...

You!!!

"Go Kevin, it's your birthday!"

Hmmmm...

"I didn’t get it from my grandma’s book upon the shelf. I didn’t get it from a magical and culinary elf..."

Ingrid and Brooke

It was wonderful to have so many of my friends in the same place at the same time.

Pssst.

Throughout the night there was a lot of whispering going on between these two and it's still unclear to me exactly what information was exchanged, but something tells me it couldn't have been good.

Time for shots!!!!

Jake kindly purchased us all shots of Jägermeister, which Brooke apparently couldn't wait to get her hands on...

Ingrid, me and Henry

Later in the evening, my good friend from high school, Henry, showed up, who I haven't seen in years.

Lovely...

More and more people kept trickling in, including Darren's friends Rachael and Lisa.

Frosty in action

It was a night filled with surprises, including Frosty getting a hug from Lisa.

Darren celebrates Frosty's success

And there were more than just birthdays to celebrate, as Darren spotted Frosty spitting some game. Mission accomplished for Frosty!

Birthday kiss

A birthday kiss for Darren? Mission accomplished for Darren!

Strike this pose (pun intended)

Calm down, mac-daddy... it was only a kiss on the cheek...

Close call...

As I said before, the night was full of surprises, and the next surpise was this cake that Ingrid got for the birthday boys. I was so taken back by her thoughfulness that I nearly fell on it. Thanks you, Ingrid for the cake. And thank you to whoever's hands are in this picture for pushing me away from the cake.

Lick out the candles!

Of course, Ingrid had to sprinke the cake with a little of her own special lovin' and included these trick candles. But I couldn't be deterred on my birthday and tried putting them out with my tongue...

Ouch!  Fire hurts!

"Ouch! Fire is hot!"

No utensils needed

No need for utensils when you've got hands... "Mmmmm. This ribbon tastes good."

No hands needed

Darren proved that when it's your birthday, you don't even need hands to enjoy your own birthday cake...

Just like me... almost.

Ingrid followed in the footsteps of her man, but with slightly more tidyness than me.

Ingrid's in heaven

The cake had a Kahlúa center and was soooo good! Yet another pleasant surprise.

There's cake on your neck...

After the cake, I gave Ingrid what Jake has dubbed a "Thank you lick." I like to think of it as a "You're awesome lick."

9 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

#1: Happy Birthday F**ker

#2: Damn I make this look good

#3: I *am* in the Reservoir Dogs photo, split the difference between Enrique & Ingrid and I'm cold-kicking it live like Chris Penn in a blue shirt. Just call me Nice Guy Eddie.

#4 Ingrid knows the "Shocker"??!?!

Great work. F**ker.

4/06/2005 2:54 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Jake,

#1: Thanks, a$$.

#2: If by "this" you mean "belligerence", then I agree.

#3: Oh wow... I didn't even see you, Mr. Clear.

#4: Now she does.

4/06/2005 8:54 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Oh... by the way, Jake, thanks for the cake-eating pics.

4/06/2005 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know anything about a "shocker" until my honey announced last night that there was a pic that had me inadvertently posing with a "shocker." A "shocker?" -- what's that, I asked. Well, he explained what exactly that is. Ew!

I had an awesome time! It was really nice to meet everyone! I've heard that everyone had a great time and was slumped over at work the next day! A complete success. Happy Birthday, love.

4/06/2005 11:06 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Shocker = 2-I-T-P, 1-I-T-S.

4/06/2005 11:33 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

Addendum: I am definitely 5 years old.

4/06/2005 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone for making this one of the best night's that I can not remember!!! Good looking out on that pic of the go-go dancer... I'll just pretend that I remember her...mmmmm go-go dancers... Jeep! Jeep!

4/06/2005 8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you meant to say "nights" rather than "night's."

THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY

4/07/2005 8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wild night...folks got separated and lost but we all ended up OK in the end...that my friend is a successful evening...BTW...I believe Ron Mexico was at that party...STD...we should call U Thad Japan...since u have herpes simplex 10...

4/08/2005 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home