Monday, January 01, 2007

New House, New Year

IMG_5902

Although I never posted in this blog about it, in late November, Ingrid and I sold the house on Dearborn and moved into a new house. Our new house is much more spacious than the house at Dearborn and is literally adjacent to Griffith Park. Although we miss the magnificent views that we had at Dearborn, we absolutely love the new house. The house is definitely in need of some updating, but every time I come home, I think to myself how much I love having our house together. For our New Year's celebration this year, rather than going out and partying, we decided hold a more intimate gathering at the house and have our close friends over for the first time. Natty & Glady, Annie & Jason, Ingrid & me, Frosty and Ernie (from left to right) all came out to celebrate.

IMG_5892

With my mom's help, Ingrid prepared some delicious food for us to snack on... and snack we did. I must have had at least 10 deviled eggs that night.

IMG_5890

Ingrid brought home this beautiful assortment of flowers and I brought home this beautiful assortment of red wines.

IMG_5895

Glady made his contribution to the evening and brought over some fine wine from his cellar. Here he's inspecting the wine selection for the eveining. The way he looks down to read through his glasses makes him look like an old man... err, wait... he is an old man.

IMG_5896

Look at all these tasty snacks! Great job with the food, love!

IMG_5904

Having just moved from a small house to a much more spacious house, we were still in need of furniture to fill in the extra space. This tiny couch was almost too large for our old place, but here, it barely fills the room. In any event, after getting our fill of food, Frosty, Glady and I relocated to the living room where we engaged in manly discussions and manly activities...

IMG_5909

... such as posing in front of the fireplace. I think that's the toughest pose Glady has in his arsenal of tough guy looks. Maybe if you put the wine glass down, Glady, you'll look tougher... perhaps even tough enough to intimidate a 13 year old.

IMG_5910

This is moderately better, Glady, but again, the wine glass undermines all sense of toughness. At least Frosty is holding the fire poker, although I'm surprised he isn't holding it over the fire with a marshmallow stuck to the tip of it.

IMG_5912

Ingrid interrupted our manly activity just before the end of 2006 when she surprised us by entering with these wonderful cupcakes for all of us to enjoy!! Happy New Year!!! It's been another solid year for Ingrid and me, and with our recent engagement, I know 2007 will only be better.

IMG_5913

Yes, it was a great evening filled with good food, good drinks, good laughs, good friends, and good poses in front of the fireplace. Good times.

IMG_5914

It was great to see Frosty kick-off the New Year by sticking with his New Year's resolution to share his food. Something tells me that won't last long.

IMG_5916

Glady, too, stuck with his New Year's Resolution to be tougher by substituting the wine glass for a glass of hard liquor. Again, something tells me that won't last long. Enyoy, Glady. Let's all do it again next year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

WOW! Your new house looks amazing!! It looks like the inside of a hotel or something! We want more pix!!!

12/19/2007 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home