Deja Vu (Day 14)

On our next day in the Maldives, we decided that as great a time as we were having in Landaa Giraavaru, we couldn't help but feel a bit soured by the incident involving my toe. The island did what it could to make our stay more comfortable, but Ingrid was really missing Kuda Huraa, so believe it or not, we made arrangements to go back.

We started the day off with a ride to the cafe for a delicious breakfast.

And for our final hours on the island, we spent time hanging out in our spectacular room. It should tell you something that Ingrid was ready to part with this magnificent bungalow in exchange for the comforts of her beloved Kuda Huraa.

Look at this place. It's stunning.

Look at this woman. She's stunning.

I was on board with Ingrid in her decision to go back, even if that meant packing up all our luggage and getting on a boat, a plane, a van, and another boat to get back there... all the while having staff lug our baggage and boxes behind us. Speaking of which, it took all of those people here on the dock to get everything loaded onto the boat (well at least it seemed that way)...

But once we were on our way, we were as excited as ever,... especially Ingrid. The first leg of our trip was a short boat ride out to a sea plane which would bring us back to Male. From Male, we'd have to board the same speedboat out to the island that we took when we first arrived in the Maldives.

On a short van ride from the plane to the boat, we could see the capitol city of Male in the distance.

It was the first time we had seen civilization in days, but we had no interest in re-entering society just yet, so we eagerly hopped in the speedboat for the island.

Our brush with civilization was quickly forgotten as we both were struck by a bit of deja vu. Upon arrival at Kuda Huraa, we were re-welcomed to the island by the same friendly guy who gave us our initial welcome, and enjoyed those same tasty ginger beverages. It was like we were beginning our stay in the Maldives all over again... I wish!

Ingrid was delighted to be back in her favorite place, which seemed just as empty and secluded as when we left.

And what better way to get reaquainted with the island than with a good ol' ping pong match.

We spent the rest of the day in relaxation mode by the pool where I welcomed myself back with a few ice cold beers. It was great to be back... and this time I had a floatie thing!

After our usual lounging around, we walked to the Reef Club for dinner.

Not only did we have all of our luggage transported back to the island, but we also had the fish we caught the day before shipped over so that we could enjoy it here at the Reef Club. First was some fresh sashimi. Mmmmm.
Ingrid was clearly happy with her meal, and so was I.

Then a fillet of red snapper for each of us. I think this is the one I caught because it was super tasty.

The Reef Club also prepared these two fish whole. Now it's easy to tell in this picture that the two fish are different because I used a flash, but we didn't realize it in the dimly lit restaurant, so what happened is that Ingrid ate one fish, and I ate the other. After eating my entire fish, I started picking at Ingrid's and immediately noticed it wasn't nearly as good as mine. It wasn't until then that I realized they weren't the same fish... No, really, I swear!

Sorry, pena. I didn't know they were different. Honest.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home