30 Years and 1 Day Old

With Hutch having come to town just to celebrate my birthday, we had to continue the fun the following day. By the end of the night, this is how I looked, but believe me when I tell you that it was a long road getting there.

I was definitely hungover from the night before, but that didn't stop me from waking up the next morning to join the others for a round of golf at Roosevelt. With Hutch living all the way in the Bay, it's not often that we get to hang out and get in some good golfing.

Darren, too, had missed Hutch, and did his best to re-kindle the romance. Hutch doesn't look too interested, though...

An added bonus to our round of golf that day was that Glady joined us, not to actually play, but to be our caddy. Glady the Caddy missed Hutch so much that he carried his clubs around the entire course.

Hutch has a great swing, but this ball looks like it's going almost straight up in the air. Something tells me this wasn't his best shot.

My swing isn't as nice as Hutch's, but my ball goes much farther than his... sometimes. And in the end of the day, all that really matters is who has the longest balls.

It was a beautiful day, and love for golf was in the air, as well as the dork in the foreground in this picture. Our round of golf was slow, but rewarding, as we all didn't do too terribly. A solid follow-up to the previous night's shenanigans.

After drinking and relaxing for most of the day, we headed to Stone Fire Pizza Co. for dinner. Although we lost one of the birthday boys, my brother and Ingrid joined us for some late night eats.

It was late and Ingrid was ready to tear into some pizza. And Hutch, wiped out from the day's activities, was ready to sleep.

Much to our surprise, Glady the Caddy hung out with us for the entire day. A truly unexpected and unprecedented birthday "gift" for me. Lucky me.

For my last birthday, Jake gave me this birthday flask, which I brought with me to Stone Fire filled with special lemon water that caused me to turn bright red for some unknown reason.

Geez! Look at my red face in this picture. It looks like it's swelling up! Both Ingrid and I were confused, but my better senses told me to keep drinking.

Eventually, the delicious pizza came, which I had never had the privilege of enjoying before that night. Knowing how much I love pizza, Ingrid had told me the tasty pizza served there a few weeks before and she wasn't joking. I'm not sure I've ever come across a pizza I didn't like, but the pizza there was quite scruptious. Admittedly, not a high standard, but scrumptious nevertheless.

We all drank, ate pizza, made fun of each other, and had a great time.

There's nothing like spending time with my closest friends and family for a post-bithday celebration. I wonder what we'll do next year... It'll be Darren's 30th. Whoa. I better start mentally preparing myself now.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home