Monday, August 20, 2007

It's Showertime Again!

IMG_6622

Another awesome cake, another awesome shower... Only this time, thrown by Ingrid's best friend, Ingrid (yes, confusing even for me). A key difference between this shower and the last was that this one was only for the ladies.

IMG_4736

Of course, whether it's ladies only or co-ed, some things never change... like having good eats and good drinks. Someone obviously made a huge vat of sangria there, which looks delicious. Too bad I wasn't invited.

IMG_4739

My mom and Aunty Kimi attended the festivities, and got a chance to meet many of Ingrid's friends and family, including soon-to-be mother, Jen, and Ingrid's cousin, Estela.

IMG_4741

Even Granny was there to celebrate the occasion. Looks like she's got a glass of wine there in her hand, so there's no telling where this party's headed. I wouldn't be surprised if Granny ended up doing something crazy like wrapping herself up in toilet paper...

IMG_4756

Looks like, at some point, everyone gathered in the living room to play some sort of game.

IMG_6620

Apparently the game was to dress people up in wedding gowns made of toilet paper and then select the best wedding gown. Granny here looks hilarious! I really wish I had been there to see this.

IMG_4763

Although Rana and Denise were stiff competition for the title, in the end it was Granny who won the contest. Judging from the pictures, she couldn't hold back those tears of joy. Good thing she had plenty of toilet paper handy.

IMG_4774

Looks like Ingrid (the other one) is making a toast to Ingrid and her wonderful future husband who she thinks will be an amazing spouse and will be good to her and will keep her happy. I think she finished with, "Ingrid, I agree with you... Kevin is the most awesome person on this planet." Of course, I wasn't actually there for the toast, but I'm sure it went something like that.

IMG_4785

According to some strange tradition I had never heard of, at all wedding showers, the future husband is supposed to show up and join the party at some point. Not one to break tradition, I obliged and joined just in time for the unwrapping of the gifts.

IMG_4786

Another tradition Ingrid's mom continued was to make a bouquet to be used at the wedding rehearsal from the gift ribbons.

IMG_6626

Ingrid had registered for a beautiful set of china she fell in love with, which have a tree theme to them. Here's one of the plates of the set that my mom got us to get our collection started. Thanks again, mom.

IMG_6639

That's right Miss Bride... soon you'll be Mrs. Bride and from then on, you'll be all mine forever!!!Muahahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home