Sunday, April 24, 2005

Feelin' Azul

Azul

Ingrid and I experienced a sluggish Saturday as we were both feeling blue after late nights in the office all week long. By the time night fell, I was was exhausted and ready to crash. It was only through Ingrid's tireless encouragement and unyielding determination (i.e. 30 minutes of saying, "Please, pleease, pleeeaase papa... get up!"), that she managed to drag me off the couch and into the car. Somehow, we both mustered enough strength to make an appearance at her good friend Sandra's birthday celebration at Azul, a Latin nightclub in Alhambra.

Mannequin

I was half-asleep on the ride over and thought Ingrid was driving us, but apparently, some female mannequin was behind the wheel...

Getting ready

As I mentioned, I was so drained that I had to be dragged off the couch and into the car. Luckily, clean shirts were hanging in the back seat, and I changed shirts upon arriving at the club (if you look closely, you can see the orange cleaner's tag on the bottom buttonhole of my shirt). Smooth...

Ingrid and B-Day Girl

By the time we got there the club was packed. Ingrid spotted Sandra and her friends enjoying drinks and we wished Sandra a happy birthday. Of course, after that, it was time for a drink of our own, and after I grabbed us each a drink we made our way to the dance floor where we bumped into Sandra and her man tearing a rug, as well as a go-go dancer whose ass cheeks can be seen hanging out of her pants in the top right corner of this picture. Happy Birthday, Sandra!!!

Sandra and Marco

Sandra and her man, Marco, appeared to be having a good time and, with the recent birth of their son, had every reason to smile.

HEEEYYY!!!!

The lively atmosphere woke us both up and opened our eyes, as well as Ingrid's mouth. HEEEYYY! We got our groove on, as always, and had a blast. While on the dance floor, I was reminded of my only other visit to Azul where I salsa danced with Ingrid for the first time despite never having had a single lesson. Fortunately, Ingrid was a bit tipsy that night and thought I made a great salsa dancer. Okay, maybe she was more than just a bit tipsy...

Sandra and Ingrid

The night finally winded down with us searching for the guy on the left in the picture, who apparently got kicked out of the club at some point during the night. He just happened to be the driver for many of Sandra's friends who grew increasingly worried about how they were going to get home. That is, until we found him... at the bar next door.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

envy me - i dont work anymore, just sit and watch dvds and then take off early to consume insane ice cream bars at costco. my weekends are pretty much back to what it use to be like when club kevin was still open in the bay ... just stupid liquor-induced fun (whatever you heard about last weekend, you can thank glady and silk-e for not pulling the "hey, we gotta go, no serious, we gotta go" - freakin a-holes ...)

4/26/2005 8:40 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

You know you're having a great f**king night when the guy driving you home gets kicked out of the bar. If I had a nickel.

But where the hell is Alhambra anyways??

You're missing more action tonight because the 11th floor conference room hosted some shin-dig but now everyone has gone home. Everyone that is except the bottles of wine & beer. Now I've got a mini-bar on my desk while I review documents. Would you like some more Chardonny? Don't mind if I do. Too bad I don't have a fridge...

And in closing, ewwww...

4/26/2005 10:01 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

How ironic that the two of you posted consecutively, on the same night, as you both pretended to be working. The two of you are the masters of collecting a paycheck (a six figure paycheck) without doing anything, while everyone else runs around like chickens with their heads cut off to collect theirs.

crotch: I like how you just don't do shit anymore. Your firm is so backwards in that it's hurting for associates, which gives associates all the power. I mean, who gets a bonus for not doing shit? I know... you do. As for leaving the responsibility of pulling you off some fat, ugly chick at the club when you got drunk to glady and silk-e, you're an idiot. We all know those two would rather let you go down in flames with a fatty and make fun of you the next day, than rescue you from humiliation. Let that be a lesson - two wingwomen do not equal a wingman.

Jake: Alhambra is far far away. I have a fridge. Why the f*** didn't you stock it if there was beer and wine? I'm running low, jackass. Thanks.

4/27/2005 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

duly noted about wingwomen. there were two separate instances where they were of NO friggin help - and i warned silk-e beforehand about one of them. it was amusing that night, but not afterward. note that my antics did not involve a fat ugly middle-aged woman, she was busy learning why we call glady the gladyator.

4/27/2005 9:44 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

So I heard. It's not surprising to me to find ugly middle-aged women hitting on our ugly middle-aged friend. I heard you were player-mac-daddy-smooth-dopetastic that night with the ladies. After speaking with Glady, it seems both of the girls (including the one that was sucking on your neck) were apparently decent enough to avoid trigering an intoxicated intervention... But, of course, Glady wears really thick glasses and it was dark. Ernie, on the other hand...

4/27/2005 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wingman is useless against surface-to-air missiles, and that's what Chick #1 was. She's been locked-in on crotch for years. This was no random strobe light ho; this was a long-time friend of crotch's who snuck crotch away to "talk." My dog-fighting skills were no match for her sly maneuvers.

Bogey #2, on the other hand, is a different story. As soon as she made her approach, glady and silk-e broke away and returned to the carrier. Like Chick #1, Bogey #2 is a longtime acquaintance of crotch. And she knows kung-fu. And glady and I want lessons.

(Please note that Mrs. Silk-e did not approve of Bogey #2 because Bogey #2's eyes are too small. Mrs. Silk-e is a racist.)

4/27/2005 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

while it is true that generally, both were decent enough, i specifically requested for intervention on the one mrs. silk-e dubbed "dirty". stupid wingwomen are so selfish, i'll give you kung-fu lessons to your vaginas.

4/27/2005 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gentlemen, please. This forum should ostensibly focus on the glamorous lives of Kevin and Ingrid. Let's not demean ourselves with the sordid details of Crotch's desperate need of a woman.

For those pictured: I envy the youthful exuberance of your adventures. Your chronicle never fails to entertain.

4/27/2005 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"big boss" huh? did you ok that with the Empress before using her title to write a blog message?

btw- i believe it was you who first started passing out details of the past weekend. as if getting hit on by large old ladies wasnt enough, you had to encourage drunken friends to live out your fantasies. LISA LING IS NOT HOT, NO ONE ON THIS EARTH BUT YOU THINKS SO. i do not share your poor (understatement) tastes.

4/27/2005 6:54 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Is this Lisa Ling?

She's kind-of hot.

4/28/2005 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm... lets poll the homies on this. you need to look above the neckline.

4/28/2005 12:15 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

mr. ang: I agree with you about bogey #1. If a lock has already been established, as we all know from Top Gun, it's almost impossible to break that lock. Crotch sets himself up for this by not maneuvering out of the compromising position in advance. As for bogy #2, however, that's literally leaving your wingman. And again, as we all know from Top Gun, is something that should never be done. The fact that she knows kung-fu is clearly an indication that she's not suitable material for crotch... and with specific instructions to intervene, returning to the carrier upon sight of the enemy was unacceptable.

big boss of the north: When did your servant, Glady, give you my weblog address?

crotch: Lisa Ling is not hot.
jake: Lisa Ling is not hot.
mr. ang: Lisa Ling is not hot.
glady: List Ling is not hot.

She looks like Asian cavewoman...

4/28/2005 1:54 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

The last think I need to be doing is getting advice about women from a dude named "Crotch".

They all look the same to me anyways.

4/28/2005 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jake: dont have to take my, or tanji's advice, you can HAVE ling ... as the saying goes, fat (and in this case ugly) b!tches need love too.

you may have to fight glady for her though, he's totally in love with her. fortunately for you, he has not been schooled in kung-fu yet- that and he moves and reacts like he is 70.

t(-_-t)

4/28/2005 4:54 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

don't worry, jake, the only thing anyone should take advice from crotch on is how to get unwanted action from ugly girls...

4/28/2005 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about unwanted action from ugly girls...how come we always bump into the same girl (you know who) when we go to Azul? Yes, I said it. One more hug and I'm telling you, the kung-fu moves I've mastered will be put to good use! Pics of that kung-fu action would be super fun to put on the blog. :) Ok, ok, I'm just kidding.

4/28/2005 7:07 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Whaaaaa whaaaaa!

4/28/2005 7:08 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Debbie Downer is at it again. KT calls that girl and tells her to meet him at the club so incredibly awkward moments can ensue. Really.

Crotch, no hard feelings. I probably only think she's hot because it's my secret wish to be "Touched by an Asian".

4/28/2005 8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i get no hard feelings from that ling chick... we i think we are on the same page.

4/28/2005 9:13 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I don't know if you're on the same page... jake wishes he could be "Touched by an Asian" and crotch, you with you could be "Touched by Anyone."

4/29/2005 8:58 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Ingrid was sooooo mean to the girl, Jake. She sees us talking, comes over and gives her the dirtiest look for no reason at all. It kind of looked like this. Whaaaa whaaaaaa!

4/29/2005 3:24 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Ummm, nena, I think Chris Rock's point was that you've never truly love someone unless you've thought about killing them... I don't think that's the same as going apeshit over a girl that doesn't even know me. If she's goo-goo eyes over me, that's news to me. What's not new to me is the old Hollywood High dirty look. Rrraaarrr.... Whaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaa.

4/29/2005 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home