Friday, June 17, 2005

35 Years Strong

The Fam

Thirty-five years ago on June 7th, my mother and father tied the knot. To celebrate this magical event that eventually led to my existence, we all got together on Saturday to have dinner at Fleming's steakhouse in Manhattan Beach. Starting from the left is me, dad, aunty Kimi, mom, granny, Gunko and my brother. Unfortunately, Ingrid had her relative's birthday to attend and couldn't make it to join us, but that didn't stop us from enjoying a great meal.

Off to dinner

Can somebody please explain to me why as people get older, they prefer to eat dinner earlier and earlier? It was so bright out, it could've been lunchtime as far as I was concerned.

Bro and Aunty

Shawn needed to work up his appetite with a few drinks, but aunty was ready to go from the start.

Mom and Dad

The dinner was such a great opportunity for all of us to get together to enjoy each other's company. I think my brother and I had a bit too much to drink, but we all had a wonderful time. Being the wonderful sons that we are, Shawn and I got our parents a flight to Vegas, a room at the MGM and two tickets to see Cirque du Soleil's newest show, Ka. Happy 35th anniversary mom and dad!

Dad and Granny

If there one thing I love about these two, it's the relationship they share with one another as in-laws. I hope I'll be as lucky as my dad and have in-laws that love and care for me as much as Granny does my dad.

Profilin'

Hey, Dad... I make that pose all the time in picutres. I must have gotten it from you.

Good picture

We stuffed ourselves with a variety of steaks, salads, potatoes, green beans and drinks, and had to suck in our guts for this picture.

Time to go

After dinner, we headed back to my grandmother's house to allow our stomachs to settle.

Gunko chilled

We reunited with Gunko who chilled back at the house while we ate dinner. I think he was sitting in that exact same place when we left...

Two Japanese people

We watched silly Japanese programs, chatted and told stories.

Jugglers

Oh yeah... my mom and her mom tried to learn how to juggle. Uh, granny, I don't think it's considered juggling with only two objects.

I am so cool

I combined my granny's awesome visor/mask with my aunt's cool shades and transformed myself into one smooth cat. See dad?... I'm doing the same pose you made at dinner. Lucky for me, like father like son.

Cinnamon Slept

Alas, the time came for us to call it a night. My aunt's dog, Cinnamon was one step ahead of us.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

You think? I thought the secret was that they have two wonderful sons.

7/05/2005 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ingrid, you missed a delicious dinner.
It was wonderful and the trip to Vegas was great. The mug that says, "I love my wife" helps remind him when I serve his morning coffee in it EVERYDAY. Every little bit helps when you're married for 35 years.

Kevin, you are right! We do have two wonderful sons.

7/08/2005 7:11 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Awww thanks mom! And thanks even more for commenting. I don't think dad needs any help in that department, though. Not so much because he loves his wife, but more so because he's been programmed to for 35 years. You guys are awesome! You know, this is a forum for honesty and you don't have to lie and say you have two wonderful sons... you can tell the truth and say one have one wonderful son and one run-of-the-mill son.

7/08/2005 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawn says that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. He thinks that you are just a little bit better than run-of-the-mill, most of the time.

7/08/2005 8:49 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Ingrid says, "Good one, Shawn."

7/08/2005 11:44 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

How fitting... Frosty focuses on (1) food, (2) fruits and (3) nuts...

7/14/2005 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home