Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Somethin's Brewin'

Brewery

On Saturday night, Ingrid and I met up with Belinda and Fidel for an evening out. The plan was to watch the 8:25 showing of Crash and then grab some drinks afterward. Of course, leave it to Ingrid to have a different plan in mind. The "confusion" stemmed from an e-mail that Belinda wrote regarding our plans for that evening. In planning for the night, I e-mailed both Ingrid and Belinda a list of showtimes, and Belinda replied with the following:

Let’s go for the 8:25 so we can paint the town red afterwards, and still make it home at a relatively decent hour…kidding!

Although 99.999999% of people on Earth would interpret Belinda's e-mail to mean that we had plans to see the 8:25 showing and that she was kidding about making it home at a relatively decent hour, Ingrid thought "kidding" applied to the entire sentence, leaving us with no plans on when to meet.

With that in mind, on Friday, Ingrid flew to San Francisco for work and met up with her friend Amelia on Saturday (check out Ingird's post here). She was supposed to be back by 4:00 on Saturday, but of couse, she was running late. So late that she didn't get back until around 8:00, which was clearly too late for the 8:25 showing of Crash. Having left Belinda and Fidel hanging, they relocated to Citywalk, so that they could grab a bite to eat and hopefully meet up with us to catch a later showing of the movie. As it turned out, the next showing was at 10:30, which left plenty of time for a normal person to get to Citywalk... but Ingrid is not your normal person. That's right... we missed that showing as well thanks to Ingrid.

Fidel and Belinda

Despite being over 2 hours "late," when we finally arrived, Belinda and Fidel seemed unfazed and we quickly made our way to the Karl Strauss Brewery Garden to enjoy some drinks served by the rudest bartender in the world. Both Belinda and Fidel mentioned that they find it much more difficult to go out after having their son, Sebastian. Hearing that really made me appreciate our freedom, but on the other hand, I can see how much joy that cute little boy brings to their lives.

Cheers!

After having a couple of drinks, we headed over to the Rumba Room, a nearby Latin dance club. As we approached the entrance to the club, I found myself thinking, "I hope Ingrid's not going to make me dance," and to Ingrid's credit, she didn't. It was ultimately me who decided to take to the dance floor later that night after Fidel got his groove on with both Ingrid and his wife. I had no choice but to step up to the plate and join in the fun.

Good times.

We had a great time out and hopefully we can get together again soon, but if Belinda and Fidel want to watch a movie, I think we better leave Ingrid out of the plans... kidding (Ingrid, just to clarify, this "kidding" only applies to what comes after the word "but" in this sentence)!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

I like how the only sign of Kevin is a tiny sliver of smile in the last photo. Fitting.

Additionally, I think you meant "unfazed" which means "not fazed" instead of "unphased" which means absolutely nothing.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
- THE GRAMMAR POLICE

5/25/2005 7:53 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Nice GP'ing of the blog, you fake GP officer.

5/26/2005 9:12 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

FAKE!?!?!?

I founded the GP way back in 1971 in a small garage in Arcadia. Since then, the ranks have swelled beyond my imaginations. Granted, the policing has become much more effective. But never forget your roots.

5/26/2005 10:38 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

And yes, I have mutiple imaginations. I'm that good.

5/26/2005 10:39 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

More like multiple personalities... You're that bad.

5/26/2005 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home