Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Crash and Burn

High hopes

Okay, on Sunday night, we got tickets to the 10:45 showing of Crash, the movie that Ingrid, Belinda, Fidel and I tried to see a few weeks ago. Given that the tickets are torn, you'd think we actually saw this movie, but life with Ingrid isn't always that simple.

Props to the motherland

Earlier in the day, we headed to The Grove to run some errands and came up with the idea to see the movie later that day after each of us went to work to crank out a few hours.

Cha cha cha

We stopped at Cost Plus and horsed around for a while. Ingrid saw some patio furniture she liked and I picked up some stuff for my brother and the women he brings over to his house...

Crash-ed and Burned

After work, we met back up at The Grove to see the movie. Knowing Ingrid all too well, I suggested we arrive early and we ended up purchasing tickets about an hour before showtime (9:47 according to the time printed on the tickets). With an hour to burn, we headed to Maggiano's for a drink/coffee and some tiramisu. As we relaxed and chatted, it dawned on me that I left my phone in the car, which is my way of keeping time. I glanced around for a clock on the wall, but found nothing. I turned to Ingrid who told me we had 30 more minutes and then gave her the responsibility of getting us out of there and to the movie theater on time... ummmm, somebody slap me.

So we sit around for a bit more and at some point Ingrid suggests we head out. I get the check and leave my credit card, but notice that as we're waiting for the waiter to return with my card, Ingrid looks ansy. I asked her what time it was and she said, "Almost 11." Startled, I replied "WHAT?!?" and ran over to get my card. As we rushed over to the movie we arrived one hour early to see, I took the time to angrily explain to Ingrid how we're never going to get a seat (e.g., the movie is relatively new, it's a late showing and tomorrow's Memorial Day, etc.). What's more upsetting to me is that we were missing the first part of the movie. I told her how important the beginning of a movie can often be and gave the example of one of my favorite movies, Memento. She told me she was late to that movie as well and missed the beginning. When I asked her if she understood it, she said that she didn't. Go figure.

We get into the theather and not only has the movie started, but the theather is COMPLETELY FULL. I'm talkin' barely any seats available. Not even the crappy one's in the very front. There were isolated seats here and there, and at that point, I was inclined to take one of them and tell Ingrid to grab another on the other side of the theater, far far away from me. The only reason I didn't was that we missed the beginning of the movie. I'm not sure how much we missed, but I do know that the movie is called "Crash" and there was a car crash that already occurred...

Refund, please

Ingrid went to get us a refund on the tickets.

Make a wish

Then, we hung our heads yet again and made our way back to Maggiano's to drown our sorrows. When we got there, we were turned away at the door. Maggiano's was closed. Great. How about we just stand outside by the fountain, Debbie Downer? Make a wish, Debbie... Ummmm, too late for that wish to come true... we already missed the showtime. Whaaaa whaaaaaaaaaa!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

uuhhh uhhhh

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh man, that shit is HILARIOUS.

At least you got to go home and watch Showtime at the Apollo.

6/13/2005 1:56 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

It's really quite unbelievable, jake. And I really can only blame myself for leaving punctuality in Ingrid's hands.

6/13/2005 6:30 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Are you kidding? It never works. You're hopeless.

6/14/2005 8:36 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Just to recap the last two posts:

(1) Even when getting to theatre AN HOUR EARLY, they still manage to miss the movie (should have gone to the Arclight)

(2) Thinking they're late for a party, they're actually ONE WHOLE DAY EARLY (um. awesome.)

6/15/2005 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home