Sunday, December 11, 2005

Thanksgiving at Granny's

Family

On Thanksgiving, Ingrid and I joined my mom, dad, Aunty Kimi, Granny and Gunko at Granny's house for a spectacular feast to celebrate all the wonderful things we have to be thankful for.

Very scared

Although it was long overdue, this was Ingrid's first time meeting my extended family and she was nervous... not really, but she pretended to be for this picutre.

Ready to eat!

The spread at Granny's was amazing. Tomatoes stuffed with crab. Green beans wrapped in teriyaki beef, deviled eggs, mashed potatoes, Uncle Marc's yams, corn, chicken salad, beer, wine and, of course, turkey! Gobble gobble!

Fruit tart

Ingrid had to eat and run to join her family for Thanksgiving, but stayed for dessert. After all, she stood in a two hour line to pick up this fruit tart for us to enjoy. Mmmmm! As usual, my dad ended up eating almost all of this.

Sleepy

With all the tryptophan in my system, I couldn't keep my eyes open and snuggled up with Granny and Gunko on the couch. It was a classic Thanksgiving, complete with all the fixins'.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granny, Gunko and Aunty Kimi loved Ingrid. They thought she was so cute and had a lovely personality. They can see why Kevin loves her.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1/29/2006 2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I have to say that I love you guys.. You have no clue who I am (I live in Providence RI), but I stumbled on your blog sometime last year, and I've kept you guys on my 'favorites' list since... You definitely rock! Your posts have me cracking up at work, I get ever so excited when you make new posts... Anyway, that's it.. just wanted to say that.. Oh, you guys make such a cute couple!!
PS: Hey, how did you post the pictures on the left (random pics)? I'd love to do that on my blog, and I have no clue how...
Anyway, keep doing what you do,it's awesome!

1/29/2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Wow! You're this blog's first truly anonymous post! I'm delighted that kevingrid has made it to your favorites list. That's awesome! I thought this blog was only entertaining to friends and family who have witnessed Ingrid's cuckoo-ness first-hand, but I'm happy to see that it's conveyed in words as well, and that someone else finds enjoyment in it too. Thanks for the support! I'll keep the posts coming and Ingrid and I will continue to rock out. More importantly, what's your blog address? It would be great if I could read it and link to it from mine.

As for the pictures on the left, yes, they are random pictures. I store all of my pictures on Flickr (www.flickr.com). The column of pictures on the left is called a Flickr Badge and is a feature that's offered as part of the service. I don't know if it's available from other photo storing services, though.

1/30/2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Mom,

I'm so happy Aunty, Granny and Gunko loved Ingrid. She is definitely the cutest thing ever and such a character.

1/30/2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

For the first time since the surgery, I'm disappointed I got LASIK. Because I can no longer rock awesome glasses like Gunko's. Maybe I'll get some and just take the lenses out.

Anonymous comments are cool. Use Flickr, Anon. It's free and you get the cool badges on the side.

1/30/2006 2:40 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

You are so right, Jake. His glasses are awesome and you need to go back to rocking a pair of your own. You look too much like Travolta without them. It's disturbing.

1/30/2006 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home