Our Last Day (Day 16)

The next morning was overcast and breezy, but that didn't stop us from getting up early to attend sunrise yoga.

Here's our yoga instructor, Justin, who Ingrid just loved. I must admit, he did have a relaxing effect on me. Especially when he would say, "Reeelaaax your arms. Your arms are now relaxed."

That morning after breakfast I decided to get up close and personal with my eel friends and navigated the rocks down to the surface with a handful of fish.

To my surprise, the eels came straight to the surface and took the food right from my hand! They must have recognized me.

Apparently, smoked salmon is even worth popping out of the water for. I'm just glad they didn't confuse my finger with the salmon.

Being down on the rocks, I even got a good look at the elusive black moray eel (which you can see just to the left of the lighter one). I'll miss you, my eel friends. And when I'm home eating eel sushi, I'll think of you. I hope the other guests find you and feed you like I did.

It was our last day in the Maldives and we made the most of it. Ingrid spent the rest of the morning relaxing under the hut, while I floated around the pool.

In the early afternoon, we stopped by the Reef Club for our final meal and drink in the Maldives. Ingrid chose a glass of white wine.

And I chose a glass of beer (although it turned out not to be my last drink in the Maldives).
For lunch, Ingrid selected yet another tasty pasta dish, which she gave two thumbs up.
And I chose this prosciutto pizza, which was basically the unrolled version of the calzone I had the day before. Just as delicious too.

After lunch, we showered up, packed our bags and prepared for our long trip home. The people at the resort were even kind enough to re-pack those boxes of dishes we were lugging around, which had taken a pretty mean beating by that point.

Once we got packed and ready to go, we walked over to the Sunset Lounge where we were scheduled to catch a boat.

As our time in the Maldives wound down, thoughts of going back to work and leaving this beautiful place made me want to cry.

I felt much better though, after getting a final, final drink. But honestly, we had such a great time there it was hard to let it come to an end. I'm sure Ingrid would've loved to stay a whole month if we could.

Eventually it came time to board the boat and we caught a rough ride in the middle of a storm back to Male. Don't worry, love... we'll be back someday.

We arrived at the airport a litte early, so Ingrid used the time to write postcards, which we had to ask a stranger to drop in the mail for us since we couldn't leave the airport at that point.

It may look like it was raining, but it wasn't... those are my tears on the glass.

As we prepared for our long trip back home, we looked back on our honeymoon and agreed it was the most amazing trip we had ever had. I hope our lives together will be filled with wonderful experiences like this. I love you, pena.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home