Friday, January 13, 2006

New Year's Eve 2005

Sneaky sneaky

For Ingrid and me, 2005 had been one of the best years our lives, so we had to end it with a bang. The plan was simple. Get together with some of our good friends and party like it's 1999... err 2099... whatever.

The ladies again

Ingrid secured tickets for a New Year's bash at Privilege and Ingrid's friends Annie, Mishka, Rachael and Christine all made it out for what was to be some serious end-of-year partying.

Tip the hat

New Year's parties are great because no matter what party you choose to attend, there always seems to be free accessories. I love putting on this type of celebratory headgear, but consistently run into the same problem. The hats are too damn small. Either that, or my head is too damn big. See how the hat doesn't properly fit on my fat-ass head, and how I have to hold it down to keep it in place? Well there was a simple solution to this nonsense.

It fits.

Ta-da!!! You see?!? Perfect fit. The secret?

Torn to fit

'Nuff said.

Annabelle and Darren

Darren and Annabelle also joined the festivities until his "tummy started hurting" and he had to go home. Maybe it was his new sport-coat-style attire that caused it, which I understand is his new "look" and should not be confused with the look Columbo made famous.

The Scene

As we expected, the place was rockin'... almost too rockin'. The entire night we had to jockey for position on the dance floor as all of us were repeatedly jostled by drunk dancers... me being one of them.

Go-go dancer

Speaking of dancers, go-go dancers were out in full force, getting paid to do what we paid to do.

Happy people

Shortly before the New Year's countdown, I scored everyone some champagne for a New Year's toast. And believe me, this wasn't easy. It took some smiling, some pushing, some hand waving, some patience and, most importantly, some cash... but well worth it!

Cheers!

As the countdown approached, we reunited with Darren and Annabelle for the final moments of the year. 5... 4...

Happy New Year!

3... 2... 1... Happy New Year!!!! Here's to 2006 being another solid year! I just adore this woman.

Jason and Annie

Hey, I almost forgot that Jason was there too. Is that water in your hand, Jason?!?

Just say No

Now these are the kinds of girls that our mothers always warned us about. The kind that uses drugs and peer pressures you into using them too. Just say no to drugs, Darren... Darren? I said just say no to drugs!... Darren!!! Columbo smokes cigars, not joints!

Fruity for the New Year

Well, I don't know if Darren inhaled, but he sure was acting strange after that.

Caught looking

As you can see, he couldn't seem to control his urges...

Profanity Annie

Apparently, neither could Profanity Annie, who made a brief appearance for the New Year.

Divas

Ah yes... A good we-are-divas-so-don't-mess-with-us pose to ring in the New Year. How appropriate. Another solid way of celebrating the New Year is by rocking out...

Rock out!

... which is exactly what happened when Ingrid heard Kelly Clarkson's "Since You've Been Gone." She loves that song.

More rocking out!

She really really loves it... Rock out!!!

Ahhh ladies.

Happy New Year, ladies!!! I wish you all a wonderful 2006.

Big pimpin'

Let's both tip our hats to the New Year. I think 2006 is going to be a great year for us, love...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am brimming with mild anticipation to attend a Renaissance barleywine festival later this afternoon. I intend to party unlike a rock star.

"HAPPY NYOO YEEAH YA [profanity deleted]!!!"

-M. Broderick

2/24/2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Oh the 2-0-5. All I have to say is: Yeeeeaaaaahszzzz!!!

I love that dude's checkerboard tie in the background towards the end. I want one.

And Darren, say no to drugs, but never EVER say no to titties.

On to 06.

2/24/2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Bent out of shape,
I wish you a great 2006 as well. Wedding?!? You sound like Ingrid! Hahaha!

Anti-Kevin,
A renaissance barleywine festival? Wow... don't go overboard with fun.

Jakester,
Agreed. Darren, never EVER say no to titties. The 2-0-5 was a good year. The 2-0-6 will be even better.

pena,
That sounds like a good idea. Start planning immediately... It's coming...

2/24/2006 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home