Monday, March 27, 2006

A Couple of Lams

Happy!

And now for a Kevingrid first: Back-to-back wedding posts! This time it's Annie and Jason who are the star couple. The two had the largest wedding I've ever attended, with more than 500 guests! That said, there's some good news and some bad news about the post for this event. The bad news is that I couldn't find my camera before leaving for the wedding so I didn't take any pictures. The good news (in addition to the other good news mentioned below) is that, thanks to Delia who brought her camera, there are a few photos of the event. And yes, I've basically stolen them from her blog and am using them here. Maria, too, was supposed to share her pictures with me, but for some reason, that never happened *ahem!*

Annie and Delia

The only problem with ripping pictures from other blogs is that you're stuck with the size of the picture you steal unless you want to enlarge it and make it blurry. In this case, the pictures are quite small. Here are Annie and Delia striking a pose.

Tyler, Amelia and Maria

Ameila and Tyler headed down from the Bay and Maria made the flight from NY to attend the wedding. I don't have any pictures of the ceremony, but trust me when I say that it was beautiful. I honestly don't think I've ever seen so many flowers in one place. The bride looked lovely and I'm pretty sure I saw all the girls shed a few tears. Their little Annie's all grown up! Congratulations, Annie and Jason!

Stylin'

After the ceremony, Ingrid and I grabbed a quick lunch with friends in attendance and then headed to the reception. I mentioned above that there is some other good news about this post and your looking at it! Ingrid and I offered to lend a hand at the reception and Annie naturally staffed the both of us at the instant photo booth that Annie rented for her wedding. The idea was that people could take photos in the booth, then take the pictures that were printed and place it in the guestbook along with a little message next to their picture. It was such a great idea. And the best part was that there was no limit on the number of pictures you could take, so you know what that means!

Us

That's right! Silly photos! As the operators of the booth, it was our job was to greet people and instruct them on how to use the photo booth. Well we arrived early (that's right, early) to the reception before the guests had arrived, so no one needed to use the photo booth... except for us. I sure am an ugly bastard, but don't I look so much better next to my beautiful girl? No more solo picutres for me.... err... maybe.

Married!

Here are the bride and groom shortly after they were pronounced husband and wife. I think these four pictures pretty much sum up the night for the newlyweds. Sorry for sneaking away with this picture, Annie. I'll have Ingrid to return it to you. And by the way, what's the "two fingers up" for?

Ingrid and Amelia

Everyone wanted to use the photo booth, including Amelia and Ingrid who huddled together for these photos. Awwww... how cute!

Ingrid and Christine

After having had several drinks (due in part to Rania's husband, Jayson, who coaxed me into several rounds of drinks), I became slightly intoxicated (emphasis on "slightly"). Hmmmm... sounds very similar to the last wedding, doesn't it? When Christine and Ingrid tried to get some good shots of just the two of them, I couldn't help but crash the fun.

Chris, Ingrid and me

Ahh, yes. Maybe it would be better if we all just took pictures together.

Emi and me

At some point during the reception, Emmy stepped out to take some pictures in the booth. When she returned, I saw took a look at her pictures and couldn't help but laugh at the heart-shaped hand pose she was making in them. This prompted me to suggest we immediately go take some "heart" pictures for the album together... and here they are. I can barely keep my eyes open, but I can certainly make half-a-heart. If you're confused about the last picture, you're not the only one. If memory serves me right, I think Emmy and I were trying to do a super-complex "J heart A" hand sign, but being the drunk ass that I was, I had the "J" backwards. Still, that's really no excuse for Emmy, who has her heart entirely upside-down.

My Favorite

This is, by far, my favorite sequence of shots, especially my expression in the last photo.

Chris and me

Okay... now when you see me and Christine all chummy and taking pictures together, you know at least one of us is drunk off our asses. Just kidding, Christine. You know I love you... uh... sort of. Anyway, it was definitely something to remember. There are only three pictures because one of them was cut out and placed in Annie's album... Apparently it was a night full of firsts.

Ladies

If you've ever wondered if its possible to fit five people in one of these photo booths, here's proof that it is. That's Ingrid, Delia, Christine, Rana, and the bride. So much fun... just like the wedding itself.

Bleeah!

Nothing to guarantee a successful night like some silly photos! We had a great time at the wedding, Annie and Jason! Best of luck to you both!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I momentarily divert my attention and best wishes for the newlywed Lams to point out my favorite picture - first one in the last series.

8/09/2006 1:03 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Thank you for your vote, one ring. Stay in the O.C. where you belong.

8/09/2006 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home