Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Death to the Caterpillars!!!

Cheers!

The other day, I get off the train and a stranger with a clipboard walks up to me and says, "What do you notice most about me?" "Excuse me?" I reply. She reiterates her question and asks, "When you look at me, what do you notice most about my appearance?" I quickly scan her from head to toe, but find her to be very non-descript (maybe intentionally on her part), so I utter, "Hmmm... That's a strange question..." She starts jotting something down on her clipboard, as I think to myself, "I wonder what she's writing down?" "What am I *supposed* to say?" "What kind of question is this?" and finally, "Who the hell are you?!?" I give her a second look and can only come up with three possible answers... (1) "Your glasses." (which look like they belong on a waitress in a 1950's diner... you know, the ones who smack bubblegum all day long), (2) "Your hair." (which has been dyed blond, is short and semi-spiky), and (3) "You're short." (she's only about 5 feet tall). I eliminate option 3 as just plain rude and decide to go with option 2. "Your hair," I say. Again, she scribbles on her clipboard. Wondering where this is all leading, I'm interested in the next question and growing increasingly intrigued. Well guess what? There is no next question. That's it. Makes no sense. I know. Welcome to the club. I ask her what the deal is and she tells me she's with the church of Scientology and is conducting a survey. Huh??? One question? Great survey, lady... I should've went with option 3.

Anyway, the reason for that terrible but true story is that I want to ask you the same thing with respect to the picture above. What do you notice most about this person's appearance? There is no *right* answer, but there is one I'm sure most of you will focus upon. Don't read on until you've decided on an answer.

As most of you know, this is a picture of one of my closest friends. People at his day job refer to him as "Darren." People in his social circle refer to him as "Dirty D." People at his night job refer to him as the "Gay Asian Cowboy" (click here to see why). Anyway, I bet your answer was either (1) his ear (which, as I've stated before, looks like an elf's ear), (2) his nose (which is very large), or (3) his eyebrows (which look like two fuzzy black caterpillars crawling over his eyes).

Look at them! They're huge fuzzy creatures!

Well, with all the recent metrosexual behavior Darren has been engaging in lately -- wearing colored contacts and excessive use of skin care products, to name a few -- I predicted that his next step would be to get his hairy eyebrows waxed... and I was right.

Final Drink

He coordinated with Ingrid for the death of the caterpillars and on the morning of the appointment, gave them each a final brewski.

Mimosas for the Caterpillars

As Ingrid, Darren and I made arrangements through e-mail exchanges, Ingrid mentioned that Darren could come over in the morning and enjoy a mimosa. Darren replied, "Mimosas for the caterpillars... How fitting." When I read this, I broke out laughing. Funniest thing ever. Even more hilarious was that Darren didn't know that a mimosa is not only a drink, but also a plant and made the joke inadvertently. As planned, the caterpillars had their final meal...

Final Prayer

On the way there, Darren and his sister spoke on the phone and said a prayer for the caterpillars. I think he even shed a tear...

Excitement

But once we arrived, Darren was ready to go! USA! USA!

Salon?

This place looks more like an art gallery than a salon. There's Ingrid escorting Darren to the execution chamber. DEAD CATERPILLAR WALKING!

Preparing for Death

Once inside, the executioner led him to the table. Resigned to their fate, Darren and his caterpillars offered little resistance. Goodbye caterpillar...

Half Done

And with that, one caterpillar had been executed (please note the elf ear clearly shown in the picture above). For his very first waxing, Darren decided not to go overboard and look like those guys with the thin, manicured eyebrows. Clearly a good idea not to give the folks at his night job another reason to call him by his nickname.

Ouch!

Knowing it was his first time, Sandy was gentle and made sure the caterpillars felt very little pain. Being the Dirty D that he is, when I later asked him if it hurt, he said "All I remember is boobs over my face..."

Dead Caterpillars

There's enough hair there to be a pair of eyebrows. R.I.P., caterpillars.

Happy D

One step closer to metrosexuality. Good job, Metro D.

6 Comments:

Blogger Armin L. said...

I loved this post... even though I was more intrigued because I was wondering if I should do it also. However I didn't see a difference!!!!!!!!! we need better photos!


and yes Kevin this is me leaving a comment. I will no longer be just a fly by reader.

3/02/2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Well look who finally decided to comment... I should've known that a post about excessive hair would've brought you out of the closet. If you're questioning whether you should do it, the answer is yes. Do your eyebrows, and then do your hairy ass back and chest.

3/03/2006 6:14 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

And what is that picture of you? Are you supposed to be the Incredible Hulk or something?

3/03/2006 6:15 AM  
Blogger Armin L. said...

Keep talking like that, you might make me angry... isn't that what happened with the hulk?

I do not have a hairy back and chest!! I am actually quite hairless! just have the typical bushy eyebrows.... DAMN IT

3/03/2006 7:56 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

Where's the "After" photo??
That wax is a ripoff, there's no change! I could handle Sandy's boobs in my face though.

3/07/2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Jake,
It's a "split shot," fool. One eyebrow is done, the other isn't. I agree. Waxing bad. Sandy's boobs good.

Nena,
I didn't know Darren has to fight the guys off at work. I thought the guys had to fight him off.

3/08/2006 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home