Rania's Birthday

The other day, Rania celebrated her birthday at La Luna Negra in Pasadena. Coincidentally, as you can see in this picutre, everyone who attended were couples.

Here's the birthday girl herself, together with her husband, Jayson, who I hadn't really had a chance to hang out with since having attended their wedding last year in Teaneck, New Jersey. It was good to see them both and even better to see them happy as ever.

Rania's good friend Armine and (her now fiance) Jack were there to celebrate the event.

Of course, there was sangria for everyone to share. What could make the night any more special, you ask?

Well how about getting to meet Christine's new boyfriend, Brian, for the first time. We had heard so much about the guy from Christine that Ingrid and I couldn't wait to meet him. He turned out to be a very nice guy. No comment about the pink shirt, though.

Not only did we get to finally meet Brian, but we also caught glimpse of that guy from That 70's Show. I've never seen the show and don't know this guy's name, but I did recognize him from the commercials.

One of the great things about La Luna Negra is that they have live entertainment, ranging from salsa dancers to DJs spinning the latest hits. That night, the live entertainment was a group of flamenco dancers. Unfortunately, they weren't that great and Ingrid, in particular, wasn't too impressed.

That was, however, until Rania was pulled onto stage for a quick on-the-fly Flamenco lesson...

... And showed them how it should be done.
(Let's all be grateful that it wasn't my birthday, because I would've looked like an idiot up there. Reminder to self: Never have my birthday party at La Luna Negra.)

After dinner, we all strolled over to Bar Celona for some cocktails. Christine was clearly very excited about that.

And so were Ingrid and Rania, who posed for this lovely shot.

Looks like Christine is wishing on a star. I wonder what she's wishing for...

As the night progressed we all engaged in a bit of dancing, with some of us much more into it than others. I love how Jayson's just looking at Rania as she busts a move.

Later in the night, we were joined by some of Rania's other friends. Staying true to the all-couples theme for the night, Mike (the super-tall guy), arrived with his wife, Stacey (on the far right).

Armine's holding a DVD that was given to Rania for her birthday from Mike and Stacey. It's a movie called Fair Game, which was actually co-written and directed by Mike.

Ah yes, Rania... A great night out and a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday! Happy birthday!!!


2 Comments:
Without looking it up, I know that that guy from That 70's Show is Danny Masterson. Damn Us magazine.
You should be ashamed.
Post a Comment
<< Home