61 Years Young

Going out for dinner with the family is one of my favorite things to do, so when my mom turned 61 years old, we rounded up the family and went to Roy's in Downtown for dinner. The first time I ever ate at Roy's was in the Bay with Ingrid, who introduced me to the joint. I remember having a little poke and Ingrid getting tipsy after a couple of pinapple-infused martinis.

Can you believe my mom's 61 years old?!?! I certainly can't. If I didn't know you, mom, I'd never had guessed your age. You must take after Granny, who obviously also looks fantastic.

I hope the three of us can age as gracefully as my mom and Granny have, but something tells me those martinis there aren't helping me or Shawn slow down the aging process.

I oredered these appetizers for the table, which were delicious and a great way to get things going before our main courses. Both Ingrid and I were having the short ribs (prepared slightly different from one another).

Shawn had this lovely sampling of seafood, which had the best presentation.

Granny ordered some sort of steak, most of which ended up in Shawn's stomach.

If you ever go to Roy's, you should try the chocolate souffle, which has to ordered at least 30 minutes in advance. Very rich, but apparently finger-lickin' good.

Happy 61st Birthday, Momma! You're really the best mom in the world. We all definitely need to do this more often... And by "this" I mean "have dinner together", not "turn a year older".


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home