Saturday, March 01, 2008

Bellydancing Mirage

IMG_0823

On Saturday, we gathered at Mirage in Encino to celebrate Rania's birthday. In this picture, Rania's paying attention to Ingrid's belly, but later that evening, she and the rest of us were focusing on other peoples' bellies for a different reason.

IMG_0797

It was Ingrid and my first time eating at Mirage and it didn't take long to learn that there are a few good things about the place. First, the restaurant offers a wonderful selection of food... Lebanese, I think.

IMG_0788

Second, the restaurant has a live band performing all evening long.

IMG_0798

Finally, the restaurant has bellydancing entertainment for the guests.

IMG_0795

And not just one bellydancer...


IMG_0799

And not just one routine...

IMG_0802

And not just one outfit. It was great.

IMG_0804

After we had finished our meal, one of the bellydancers took Rania's guest out on the dance floor to shake their bellies together.

IMG_0805

And Jayson leapt out of his seat to snap away picture after picture.

IMG_0811

Ingrid and I, together with everyone else at the party, got out on the dance floor to groove.

IMG_0817

Even Christine was out there shakin' her thang...

IMG_0833

Something tells me Rania shouldn't look at the pictures on Jayson's camera. Ingrid clearly knows what's in store...

IMG_0841

Anyway, on to the cake! Or cakes, I should say.


IMG_0843

Happy Birthday, Rania! For your next birthday, why don't you and Jayson have a kid so that our son will have someone to play with.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello!is this blog still active? Is this a new post of last year's pictures?

Anyway I love your blog and so does my sister. You have such funny friends (specially frosty). Can't wait to see your baby. You have a very -very- beautiful wife. And you really are like rock stars LOL.

3/23/2009 9:22 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Very alive although far less active than before. That's what happens when you have a baby, I guess. Well I'm glad you enjoy this blog. I've gotta make a decision on whether I'm going to skip a ton of posts and just get to my son, or whether to just keep on pushing along...

4/03/2009 10:07 AM  
Blogger Armin L. said...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

5/04/2009 6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm.. you can just post the super important events.LOL. well it's nice to see your new posts. Maybe I'll have a blog like yours when I'm older.

7/26/2009 5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home