Friday, May 09, 2008

Juanes in Concert

IMG_1231

On Friday night, Ingrid and I (and baby) headed to the new Nokia Theatre to see Juanes in concert. For those of you who don't know, Juanes is a very popular Colombian musician. He's super huge in the Latin community, and both Ingrid and I love listening to his music.

IMG_1164

It was our first time at the Nokia Theatre and this prominent cell phone display in the middle of the lobby was a clear reminder of where we were. After wandering around for a while, we took our seats, which were off to the side a bit, but right along the aisle and great.

IMG_1171

Before the concert started, I left Ingrid at our seats and hopped in one of the long lines to get a beer for me and water for Ingrid. The lines were so long and slow moving that I ended up having to make a concession of my own by passing on the beer once I heard the concert begin.

IMG_1199

Luckily, Ingrid came prepared with an apple for herself and baby, who was kicking along with the music the entire night.

IMG_1191

When baby grows, he'll have two flags to take pride in. We were glad to see Juanes had both of them displayed. The concert proved to be a great blend of Juanes' old and new music. Ingrid and I definitely prefer the old, but are growing to like the new.

IMG_1202

Something that didn't need to grow on Ingrid, was Juanes himself. Ingrid melted when she saw him kneel down on one knee, take a girl in the front row's hand and sing to her.

IMG_1217

Of course, Ingrid's clearly not the only person who loves Juanes. Everyone in that place was going crazy.

IMG_1210

Don't worry, baby. Your mama still loves your papa,... I hope.



Here's Juanes performing my favorite of his songs, Volverte a Ver. Sorry for the shaky video... I was dancing, of course.

IMG_1218

The concert ended up being a blast, and was of a decent duration. The three of us enjoyed ourselves and can't wait to do it again, but next time we'll have to buy three tickets instead of two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home