Sunday, June 26, 2005

Brooke's Birthday Bonanza!

Brooke's Birthday

Thursday, Brooke celebrated her 27th birthday. Being the procrastinators that we are, Jake and I scrambled at the last minute to come up with a gift. What we ultimately decided to do turned out to be pretty cool.

Rastorized

Jake took an old picture of us with Sperbernator and "rastorized" it. The process turns a regular picture into a series of dots that gives the illusion of grey scale. When enlarged and printed on several sheets of paper, any sheet taken alone, especially when viewed at close range like in the picture above, looks like gibberish. But when assembled in the correct orientation, it looks like a regular black and white picture.

Jake and gift

Jake printed all 32 pages and we headed to Brooke's office to assemble our masterpiece. I wrote "Happy B-Day Nellie" on the top and let Jake fill in the shading, which I must point out he did incorrectly.

Drink some

Finally, we were done. And as a result, we were late to Brooke's dinner. Here Nellie... It's your birthday. Have a Heineken.

Speeding

Jake drove us over to Ma'Kai at the speed of light and before we knew it we were there. Unfortunately, Ingrid had a filing deadline on Friday and couldn't make it out of the office to attend.

Already eating

When we arrived, Brooke, Dana, Kris and Sperber we nearly done with their meals.

Game 7

It just so happened that Game 7 of the NBA Finals was on so after saying hello, Jake and I snuck back inside to watch the final minutes of the game. Before we knew it, about 20 minutes had elapsed and we both took a moment to consider whether we should rejoin the birthday party outside...



... then quickly agreed that the game took priority. Go Detroit!

Arrrgh!

Despite our encouragement and support, the Spurs defeated the Pistons. We rejoined the party and Jake gave Nellie her birthday kiss as we shared a few more drinks. Brooke was pissed off at the both of us not joining her for dinner, not knowing that we needed her to vacate her office before we could put up the picture. I bet she feels bad now...

Guilty on your B-day

Guilty of being rude to us on your birthday, methinks...

Dana's boyfriend and Sperber

Dana's boyfriend drove a long ways to partake in the fun.

Benson and Brooke

So did Matt and someone who looks a little like Robin Williams.

Party foul

At this point in the night, I was pretty much done, as evidenced by this party foul...

Jake drinks

To keep me from drinking any more, Jake downed my martini. What a friend.

Calling Ingrid

Although only a fuzzy memory, later that night I gave Ingrid a call to see if she was going to make it out, but she didn't answer. Don't ask me why I'm crouched down like that next to Dana and her boyfriend... I have absolutely no idea. Jake thought it was the funniest thing and captured it on film. I must agree.

Brooke and people

I don't know these people, but apparently Brooke did. Cheers!

Natasha and Conor

Natasha and Conor made it out for the celebration too.

Partay!

Overall a solid night. Thanks for driving me home, Jake. And thanks for allowing me to order thirty burritos at Del Taco, ass. Happy birthday, Nellie!

10 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

This is the best f**king KevIngrid yet. Our birthday gift was orginal, thoughtful and pretty f**king cool. Even if she did get pissed 'cause we were late.

But the end of this post is seriously lacking. Sure there was the squatting, but where are the photos of drunken Kevin falling on his back into the bushes after I shoved him away from me at the valet? Where are the photos of my smashed mirror that the valets broke? Where is the audio of the 10 minute drunk dial to Dana where all we did was sing "Pour Some Sugar On Me" at full volume?

And there MUST be a photo of Del Taco. You ordered 10 burritos and 10 tacos, then you got out to piss behind the dumpster. I told the woman to make it heavy like there was a lot of stuff in there, but not to give us too much. She charged us $27.50 and gave us 4 three pound burritos and a bunch of tacos and a nachos (which you HAD to have....for Ingrid).

Honestly that was the best night in a while. Even if Nellie called me crying at 4am. You guys are the best...

7/09/2005 10:34 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

I'd also just like to take credit for taking at least half of these photos. Thank you.

7/10/2005 12:37 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I understand the end of this post is seriously lacking. But maybe that's because you took my camera away from me and didn't give it back to me until the following day... broken, I might add. As for falling into the bushes, I said it then, and I'll say it again,... good one. And although you did score a quick $50 off the valet, I didn't take a picture of it (again, you were holding my camera at this point). The singing of Pour Some Sugar On Me was definitely a highlight of the night. Especially because I don't know all the words. I just remember going absolutely crazy in your car, screaming at the top of my lungs. It was awesome.

Photo at Del Taco? See above. No camera. Thief. I remember relieving myself, but I didn't realize you told the woman to "make it heavy,... but not to give us too much." That's hilarious. When you grabbed the bag from the drive-thru window and dropped it on my lap, it felt like a ton of bricks. I recall that it was definitely YOUR idea to go to Del Taco. The only time I ever eat there is with you. In your truck as a matter of fact. But hey, thanks again for looking out for me and getting me home.

As for taking the photos... duly noted.

7/10/2005 1:05 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

You're right about the camera. I had it before we ever got to the valet. However, I definitely didn't break it. The whole reason I took it from you is because you dropped it on the ground.

That bag of Del Taco was f**king heavy. And you probably only ate one taco out of 20.

You should add a link to The Rasterbator in case any of the loyal KevIngrid readers want to make their own poster. Next time we cut off the edges and match it up right.

7/10/2005 2:07 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

True, I ate a fair amount of it, but woke up the next morining with tacos everywhere.

Something tells me that "The Rasterbator" is not a good name for that product. Whoever created it should have called it "Rasterizor" so that pictures could get "Rasterized" rather than "Rasterbated."

7/10/2005 4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post. Nice to see life from another POV than through the lens of JG.

Go Spurs! The Spurs piston Detroit . . . Go Spurs! Besides, how are you not goin' to cheer for Toni Parker and his hot GF, Eva from "Desperate Housewives"?

7/11/2005 8:44 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I agree, angie from TX. No one want's to hear what JG has to say... especially people here at work.

Boooo on the Spurs! Booooo!! And I don't get that matchup, by the way. Eva is hot, but Parker looks like the The Brain from Pinky and the Brain. Da-da da-da da-da...

They're Eva and the Brain.
Yes, Eva and the Brain.
One is a penis,
The other complains...

7/12/2005 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thought of 3 pound burritos from Del Taco makes me really, really ill. I wish I could have seen Kev order 3 of them. Ingrid must put up with Kevin simply for the food that guy brings home when he gets wasted...by 10:00.

7/13/2005 1:03 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Nellie, I should be congratulated for getting hammered by 10:00. Party like a rockstar, baby!!

Glady, there are times when Del Taco is the only available option for eating, like at 3:00 in the morning,... and other times, it's not, like at 10:00 at night. Maybe you don't like Del Taco because you order a bunch of food and leave without paying.

7/14/2005 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Destro...
I have an idea...why don't we ask Jake to do one of those "dot-matrix" things with STD's tattoo...Oh yeah, I forgot His Sh!t already looks like the "dot-matrix" thing...

7/15/2005 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home