Thursday, June 30, 2005

Q'in' 'n' Brewin'

Ingrid x2

Ahhhh... Ingrid and her good friend Ingrid. Friends since they were kids. Sharing the same uncommon name. Now they're all grown up and can only reminisce about their younger years. For the sake of clarity, in this post I will differentiate the two Ingrids as "My Ingrid" and "Adrian's Ingrid."

Let's get cookin'!

On Saturday, we got together to celebrate Adrian's Ingrid's graduation from CSUN. We're not sure why she chose to throw a BBQ for all of us, but we were happy to be there.

Dulce's hungry

In the last post related to Adrian's Ingrid and Adrian, I referred to this dog as "Chispa" because that's what My Ingrid told me its name was. Well she was wrong. Chispa is the name of their other dog. This little white one is named "Dulce," Spanish for "Candy."

Ingrid's sister

Adrian's Ingrid's younger sister, Jeni, was there with her boyfriend.

Little Vincent

This is Jeni's boyfriend holding Vincent, Adrian and Adrian's Ingrid's one year old son. Since the last time we were over about one month ago, he learned to walk, but apparently, getting carried is much more fun.

Adrian works the grill

Adrian worked the grill and turned out some pretty fine chicken. Ingrid was testing her secret Guatemalan marinade. Mmmmmm.

Fine dining

Everyone seemed to be enjoying their meals.

Everyone has kids

The kids too. Good job on the grill, Adrian. We won't tell anyone about that piece of chicken you dropped on the ground... (five second rule).

Dulce wants food

I stuffed my face and fed Dulce too. He didn't seem to know any tricks other than to sit there and look at me with those puppy-dog eyes.

Food

Adrian thought it'd be fun to bring out some old photos... and boy was he right.

Young Ingrid

Guess who that is!!... Remember when "big hair" was in? Well that silly fad came and went, but not before all of Ingrid's friends loaded up their hair with Aqua Net and "grew" a few inches. Ingrid must have run out of Aqua Net the day this picture was taken 'cause her hair is as flat as a pancake. She probably couldn't find any on store shelves because that girl on the left in green with the huge hair and the lion-looking girl in the back bought all the Aqua Net in town. Raaawwrr!!

There's Chispa

There's Chispa! Chispa also doesn't know any tricks.

Vincent and me

Vincent and I hung out and had a great time. Hey, Vincent, did you change clothes?!? I liked the mini-Hawaiian shirt better. Thanks for throwing the BBQ and congratulations, Ingrid!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

All I can say about that 80's photo is 'wow'.

wow.

You guys are so domesticated. Soon you'll have a dog yourselves.

7/15/2005 6:10 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

No perm. I think your hair is one of your best assets. Mess with that, Sampson, and I may leave ya! Good thing I have terrible hair to begin with... You look so cute in that picture!

We already have a cat. Next, a dog, then ummm... a turtle.

7/15/2005 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home