Let's Get Moving!

Ingrid was having her floors refinished and this meant everything had to be moved off the floors. I recruited Darren to help out.

In the process of clearing everything out, we came across this bag which had pictures illustrating the danger of the bag. Apparently, you shouldn' place the bag on babies' heads as they crawl around and you shouldn't place the bag over your own head and then proceed to close the bag around your neck with your own hand... or maybe you should, since the "don't" line is behind the person's head.

Darren demonstrated exactly how the bag could result in self-asphyxiation... but first, you'd have to cover those holes in the bag. And as I mentioned in my previous post, you can see that Darren had just gotten his "SWEET D" tattoo covered up with a new ginormous tattoo that goes all the way up to the top of his shoulder.

See what I mean? It says "kami-ichi-jou" in Japanese, which is a Tenrikyo (Darren's religion) term basically meaning "one with God." I don't think it was Darren's intention to get a tattoo of this size, but it is what was needed in order to make the "ichi" big enough to cover the "SWEET D." It's much better than the SWEET D and at least it has some meaning...

For all our hard work, Ingrid agreed to make us dinner. And not just any dinner... my favorite dish: Papitas con carne. She's never made the dish for anyone but me, but I agreed to let Darren taste the magic of the dish so long as he didn't come over all the time and ask her to make it. Yes, it's that good.

Of course, no visit to the supermarket would be complete without an little brouhaha.

I love this aisle. All of it.

Along with the essential ingredients for papitas con carne, we picked up what was needed for papa con votchka, as well as this "Welcome Back!" balloon so that when the floors were done, Ingrid could be welcomed back to her house in style (Ingrid didn't find this very amusing, at all). After she prepared our dinner, we ate until our stomachs could handle no more. Sooo tasty! To this day, Darren and I still talk about how lucky I am to have such a wonderful chef as a girlfriend, and to this day, I haven't had papitas con carne again... ahem!

A couple of days later the floors were sanded and some sample stains were put down. After consulting with my mother and me, they both agreed that the stain on the right was the best. Of course my opinion that the stain on the bottom left was best suited for the house didn't matter, as usual. Now that they floors are done, I guess it's a good idea to ignore my opinion because the floors look great.


13 Comments:
Oh yeah... Mmmmmm! And no, Dirty Darren, you're not invited. That is, unless we need you to help us move everything back.
FAT KID WANTS PAPITAS!!
D's tattoo is big but it's definitely cool. Waaaay better than "Sweet D" and almost all other tats I see.
did we even move anything? all i can remember is the papitas con carne and the papa con votchka... thank you ingrid for the wonderful dish! btw "Sweet D" is DEAD...
Fat Kid, you said a mouthfull. "Sweet D" is just about the worst tattoo I've ever seen. Thank goodness it's history... and maybe next time we have papitas, you and Dana can come enjoy some of Ingrid's fine cooking.
Darren, mmmmmm that meal was so good. She promises another round of papitas con carne, but the only thing I've enjoyed since we moved everything is papa con votchka. R.I.P. Sweet D.
Um. Dude. I hope you didn't change your Flickr account, because all your pic links are broken. Email them -- they can change it back.
R.I.P. Sweet D.
I don't know what you're talking about. Everything is working just fine.
Good choice on the floor stain-and on the new tat. Sweet D may have been more meaningful and introspective, but the kami-ichi-jou is just hot.
I beg to differ, Ms. Nelson. The "kami-ichi-jou" tat is just big. The "SWEET D" tat was just stupid.
I find your choice in vodka perplexing.
the newer, bigger tat is waaaaay better than the older, smaller one . . . way to go. i know it had to take forever - mine took like 3 hours (down the middle/spine of the back).
brooke you are hot... =P
anonymous go watch some "last unicorn" and steal some del taco... you faggot Glady...
Damn, caught me.
Post a Comment
<< Home