Matadors Need Patience

Do reservations at trendy eateries mean anything nowadays? Because this isn't the first time Ingrid and I have had to wait long after our reservation time to be seated. Friday night we had reservations for four at Cobras and Matadors and joined our recently engaged friends Jeanine and Kevin for some wine and tapas... again.

Jeanine used to be a paralegal at Ingrid's firm where they became friends, but now she's in law school, preparing to enter a career as an attorney -- a career that will consume her life. At least she's got two more years before the firm shackles her to her desk, which is about how long it took us to get seated. I mean, by the time this picture was taken, we had already waited about 30 minutes.

The hostess was very apologetic for seating party after party before us, despite them arriving after us, but assured us that it was due to the difficulty in accommodating the large numbers in those parties. After about 40 mintues, we were given temporary seating outside and told that we could relocate inside after a table became available. To further pacify us, the hostess gave us super-tasty, complimentary frites, which worked like a charm. Add to that, an opportunity to drink some wine and discuss Kevin and Jeanine's wedding plans, and you've got four happy people.

Jeanine and Kevin have a great wedding planned next year. They're having it at a resort in Laredo, Mexico in Baja California... so awesome. The ceremony is going to be held on the beach and beachwear is a must. The best part about it is that you get a free round of golf each day. I think I'll just leave Ingrid by the pool for a couple hours when I head out to the back nine. I can't wait!

After about an hour, we finally got a seat inside where it was warm. Then dined on some fine tapas and another bottle of wine.

Although we waited long, it was well worth the wait. We all had a great time.


5 Comments:
With the recent re-surfacing of the long-lost Couchpisser, I felt the obligation (per Couchpisser's request) to make a comment. To bad it has nothing to do with this post.
BTW - where is my freaking debut?
Calm down, snuggles. Your bitch-ass debut is next. Well actually, it's Ben's wedding...
Couchpisser hacks!
That C&M sucks. You need to go to the one on Hollywood in Los Feliz.
That's where I saw the chick from Gilmore Girls.
I finally made my first charged call. Life is good.
I might agree with you. I don't remember waiting an hour to get a seat at the other C&M. I don't agree with you, however, that the Cha Cha Cha near your house is better.
I am not enamored with that other couple.
Post a Comment
<< Home