Thursday, July 14, 2005

Ma'Kai, Ma'Car & Ma'Key

On the Promenade

With Hutch and Holm in town over the Fourth of July weekend, we all headed out to Third Street Promenade to hang out and do some shopping. People were out in masses for the holiday.
Hutch and Holm's Grandfather

By sheer fate, Hutch and Holm spotted and were reunited with their great grandfather, Hatch. Hatch say: He who pastes on fake eyebrows, looks like fool.

Pink cardigan

We stopped for a cup of java and discussed how Ingrid wore Hutch's favorite pink "cardigan" in honor of his comment in a past post on my blog.

Fat free?

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf sells special Fat Free H20 Water, unlike that other coffee place. I'm on a diet, so they've got my business... especially because it's H2O water, and not just water-water.

Strolling

We proceeded on to find some furnishings for Ingrid's house and just clown around.

Spongecrotch

This may be the funniest picture ever. Meet Spongefob Squarecrotch.

Loungin at Ma Kai

All that shopping and fooling around made us tired and wanting of a drink, so we headed to Ma'Kai to quench our thirst and put our legs up to rest.

Ingrid and me

Ingrid was absolutely awesome this weekend. She got so many things done while we went to play golf and still managed to join us in good spirits. Cheers to that!

The boys

Hutch and Holm were making their way back up to the Bay that evening, so we said goodbye, but not before we spotted you know who...

Unbelievable

Extra! Extra! Debbie Downer Spotted in Santa Monica!

This is really unbelievable. It's finally time to go and we make our way to the car. When we get there, Ingrid fishes through her purse for the keys but can't seem to find them. Hmmmm. Wait a minute!... Is the engine on?!? "Uh oh," Ingrid says. Hey, maybe the reason that Ingrid can't find her keys is because SHE NEVER REMOVED THEM FROM THE IGNITION!!! My car was on for several hours, just sitting there, waiting to be driven away by a stranger. It's worth noting that almost all of the other cars in the parking structure, including the two beside my car, were gone by this point. I was fuming! I mean, really... how can you forget that the engine is on?!? Ingrid's only saving grace was that Hutch and Holm were right there laughing.

Mexicali

After Hutch and Holm left to head back to the Bay, Ingrid and I went to eat at Mexicali Cocina Cantina in Studio City. I ribbed her a bit more about leaving my car on...

Love

... but eventually loved her again, as I always do.

17 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

Tremendous post, as always. I laughed, I cried, I laughed again. The recipe for success:

(1) a setting of pretty pedestrian activities (playing golf, eating dinner, walking around)

(2) photos of people hamming it up for the camera

(3) an almost unbelievable story of something Ingrid did, usually which just boggles the mind (missing the movie *three* times, even when you get there an hour early?? Showing up to the auction just in time to miss the entire bidding of the art you wanted?!? Showing up A WHOLE DAY EARLY for a party?!??? LEAVING THE CAR RUNNING IN THE MALL PARKING STRUCTURE FOR 4 HOURS?!?! Incredible. Everytime I think that's the limit, it just gets better...)

(4) hilarious Kev commentary about #3.

Bravo. Bravo.

8/01/2005 9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

two words.

GOOD TIMES.

8/02/2005 11:40 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

jake, this woman is unbelivable. I don't think I'll ever run out of stories to tell about her antics. The funny thing is that I'm sure she feels the same way about me. I've come to realize there is no limit with her... You won't even believe the story I'm sitting on right now. It's hilarious. But you'll have to wait to hear it. You honestly won't believe what happened...

8/02/2005 7:53 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Kevin writes filthy comments

8/03/2005 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, Ingrid, we need some Kevin stories. We all know they're out there. It is amazing that the man who has slept on a sidewalk more than once has so much disdain for a simple mistake...

8/03/2005 4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the one i witnessed live with ingrid is classic - its going into the recordbooks for sure.

not to be outdone by kevin trying to piss in my cabinets thinking it was a urinal. thank gawd ernie was around to stop him - he ended up asleep sitting on my roommate's toilet. there are many more, this is one of the more tame ones.

8/03/2005 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stories. We have ALL seen Kevin in action-and I just don't think that those who have to call their momma to pick them up in Pasadena at 3 in the morning b/c they went the wrong way over the tire spikes should be able to judge...

8/04/2005 9:31 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Ummm... You guys need to stop. Stop lying, that is. We all know these things never happened.

8/04/2005 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...leak

8/04/2005 2:35 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Imposter!...

8/05/2005 7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

leak...

8/05/2005 6:57 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

You are an imposter... and if I remember correctly, "leak" is your name, not mine.

8/07/2005 8:48 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

AAH! ERR! UH! GAH! NNT!

8/08/2005 7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you recall (which you probably dont given your inebriated state), "leak..." is your ritualistic chant when you are confronted with the question: "kevin, what the fuk are you doing?!?!?!" as you stand poised over the helpless [laundry basket/cabinet/closet/papercup/desk/trash can/garden gnome/golf clubs/roger/sleeping bag/and whatever else appears to be a urnial to you at the appropriate moment].

8/09/2005 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had to share.

i was in downtown palo alto for lunch today. after i parked my car, i noticed that there was a car with their driving lights on just a few down from me. the windows were tinted, so i couldnt really see inside that well where i initially was. as i walked up to it, i noticed the engine was running. NICE! as i walked by, it was easier to see inside - and the first thing i thought to look for were keys in the ignition (as opposed to if anyone were inside). i immediately thought of INGRID and how maybe she's not alone in this world. then i looked in the back seat and noticed a mother tending to her baby. NICE TRY. oh well... it was amusing enough. wonder if the mother was thinking whether this punk kid walking by was thinking about jackin her car.

8/10/2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Great story. Let me begin by saying that there's no one like INGRID... Although two weeks ago, DIRTY DARREN left his keys in the ignition as we all enjoyed a two and a half hour dinner (seriously). As we got back to the parking lot, the attendants said, "Do you drive a white Camry?" I thought his car had been stolen. Instead, he just left his car on. Amazing. And these people have the nerve to say that I do retarded things when I'm drunk. Well, they do retarded things when they're sober... Which is worse?

8/15/2005 8:59 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Negative. Much worse when people do retarded things when they're sober.

8/23/2005 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home