Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Strawberry Farms Forever

Strawberry Farms

On the Fourth of July weekend, I headed out with Crotch, Brandon and Francis to Strawberry Farms for a round of golf. I've known Brandon and Fran since high school where we got into many fights together. Now that we're older, we've learned to take our aggressions out on the back nine.

Fran chillin'

Fran was ready to go but only after we had to turn around fifteen mintutes into the drive so that he could pick up the golf shoes he forgot in his car.

Perfect swing

If there's one thing Crotch is good at, it's golf. That, and being friends with girls who never become his girlfriend. This guy's swing looks like a pro's... where the ball actually ends up, however, is another story.

Fran's swing

The golf course was great. Brandon was in town, visiting from Colorado and he and Fran go golfing nearly every day. It showed in their game, as they were both not too shabby.

My swing

I on the other hand, was terrible. It was my first round of golf since last time Crotch came down to L.A. over six months ago, so needless to say, I was rusty. My swing is all jacked even from the very start. See?... This ball ended up in the magnetic lake over there on the left. The marshall on the course told us they were going to have to drain the lake because someone released some poisonous frogs in it that caused birds and other wildlife to die. Maybe he can retrieve my ball when they do...

Tee time!

After a quick stop at the 19th hole, we gathered our things and headed back home. Fran ended up with the best score (high 80's) and I ended up with the worst (107). It was great to play golf and see my old friends as well as confirm the fact that I'm a terrible golfer... Ingrid entertained Holm back at the house and cooked him breakfast. Maybe I should've stayed home and had Ingrid make me a good breakfast instead...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what you should have posted was the one hole where i tried to document your every swing. of course after you crested quintuple-bogey before you were halfway to the green, i got tired and gave up. plus, most of those pics looked pretty much the same since each one was about 7 yards away from the last shot.

7/29/2005 4:54 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Ummm, there were two shots taken at the same tee box, and that means all the pictures were taken at the same place. Were all pictures taken near the parking lot? Were all pictures taken near the first hole? Why don't you just go focus on your female game, and maybe someday you'll be able to bring it to the level of your golf game...

7/29/2005 6:04 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

I really hope that's some trick photography, because that is the fucking ugliest swing I have ever seen. What's wrong with you? It looks like the only thing you're moving is your wrists and everything else is immobile.

My girlfriend would kick your ass.

We need to hit the range...

7/30/2005 11:54 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

No trick photography there... I admit that my swing is jacked, but what you're seeing there is my backswing, not my actual swing. No doubt your girlfriend (who you refuse to refer to by name) would beat me in golf, but that's not saying much... she'd kick your ass too, buddy.

7/31/2005 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home