Vincent'sss Birthday

Over the weekend, we made our way to Ingrid's (the other Ingrid) house to celebrate Vincent's 4th birthday.

Before heading out to the party, Ingrid and I finished up our weekly birthing class at Cedars Sinai, where we planned to deliver the baby. We've been attending these classes (as well as infant care classes) on a weekly basis to prepare us for the inevitable. After several weeks of this, I've found that I've only taken away a few tidbits of useful information. Admittedly, part of the problem is that I forget half of what we're told as soon as I step out the door. On the other hand, there are some images that I can never forget no matter how hard I try (if you get my drift). Here's Ingrid giving an illustrative demonstration of the birthing process. Thanks, Ingrid.

Ingrid (the other Ingrid) hired a reptile guy for Vincent's birthday, and he arrived with tortoises, lizards, snakes and more snakes in tow. It was great to watch the kids go absolutely crazy over the different types of reptiles, and think to myself how my son will soon love to do things like this.

The feature creature was this huge python, which required several kids to hold up. It was interesting to see the kids approach the huge snake without an ounce of fear, while some of the adults refused to even get within five feet of the beast.

Another thing all four-year-old boys love are dinosaurs, which was the inspiration for Vincent's birthday cake. Happy birthday, Vincent! You're growing up so fast.

Oh, one more thing... both Ingrids are pregnant. I swear these two do everything together. Vincent will soon have a little brother, and my son will have a playmate. Congratulations, Ingrid (the other one)!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home