Friday, July 04, 2008

Fly Fourth of July

IMG_1527

This year my mom hosted a family get-together on the Fourth of July. Gunko, Granny and Aunty Kimi made it out from Manhattan Beach for the event.

IMG_1518

As always, my mom prepared a litany of delicious entrees, enough to feed an army.

IMG_1521

I think Granny's saying that there's nothing like celebrating the Fourth of July than with an ice cold brew.

IMG_1526

Gunko obviously agreed.



So at one point during lunch, Granny tells us a story about a fly friend she made while feeding the neighbor's dog, Koa. And by "fly" I don't mean the informal "cool"... I mean the insect. Honest. Once I realized the story was about an actual fly, I grabbed my camera and started shooting. The video above is classic Granny. She may be the funniest person I know, without even really meaning to be. Crazy lady. After Granny told her story, we hung out until sunset to watch the local fireworks show from my mom's porch. And as I stood there, I couldn't help but think that next year at this very time, I'd probably be here with my son, watching the same show...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home