Monday, November 12, 2007

Hey there, baby!

I always start off my posts with a picture, but for this one allow me give you some background first. Ingrid had been mentioning she felt ill for the past week or so and stopped by Rite Aid on her way home to pick up some Ny-Quil. That night, I come home from work and Ingrid greets me (which by itself is unusual) and then proceeds to ask me how my day was (which, again, is unusual). She's generally acting strange... so strange, in fact, that I ask her what's going on. She denies that anything is up, but I sense that something's fishy. I barely change out of my work clothes before she tells me there's something she wants to show me and then drags me over to the bathroom. Hmmmm... what could it be?

IMG_0187

Well, to cut to the chase, Ingrid not only picked up Ny-Quil at the store, but also picked up a pregnancy test, and as she suspected, WE WERE PREGNANT! YAY! At the time, I couldn't believe it. So many thoughts ran through my head, and after Ingrid helped me pick my jaw up off the floor, we celebrated. What an amazing day! We're going to have a baby!!!

IMG_0188

No doubt about it... especially after getting the same result with the second test she took for good measure. As Rainman said, "one for bad, two for good"... and it was clearly two... and definitely good!

IMG_0185

Thumbs up indeed, Ingrid. We're going to have a baby!!!!

IMG_0191

Our lives are really going to change, Ingrid... Are you ready? I definitely am and can't wait to be a dad. I'll never forget what I felt that day. It was one of the happiest days of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home