Friday, November 23, 2007

Time for Thanks

IMG_0199

Knowing we're going to have a baby makes me so thankful for everything we have... especially on Thanksgiving. This year we gathered at Granny's for Thanksgiving dinner. It was still very early in the pregnancy so we hadn't told anyone the news at this point. Let's take a moment to consider just some of the things we have to be thankful for...

IMG_0194

I'm so thankful to have Gunko around. Among other things, he always reminds us that growing old doesn't mean you have to lose your sense of humor.

IMG_0195

I'm also so thankful to have Granny here with us. She's the spunkiest little old lady around, and when Ingrid gets old, I think she'll be a lot like Granny.

IMG_0192

I'm super-thankful for my mom and dad, who are without a doubt the best parents around. I couldn't have dreamed of a better pair of parents, and if I can be half as great to my child as they are to me, the kid would be lucky.

IMG_0201

I'm thankful for my brother, who is one of my best friends... always there... always a great listener. My kid is going to love his Uncle Shawn, that's for sure... especially if we have a boy. I can hear it now... Papa, can I get a tattoo like Uncle Shawn?

IMG_0206

I'm also thankful for my Aunty Kimi. She's a crazy lady at times, but that's what makes her so great... she's always there for us and never anything but pleasant to be around.

IMG_0203

Of course, I'm thankful for my wife, Ingrid, who will always be my FP, or at least until baby comes... Ha!

IMG_0202

And finally, at least for that day, I was thankful for the great meal we were about to enjoy. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, chicken salad, ham and much, much more. Mmmmm...

IMG_0208

I know this looks like some sort of seance, but it's really Ingrid sharing our wedding pictures (which we had just received) with everyone after a delicious Thanksgiving dinner.

IMG_0207

After Ingrid emphasized, and then emphasized again, not to get our fingerprints on the photos, out of nowhere, Gunko appears with the these rubber gloves. Just to be safe, he planned to wear them before handling any of the pictures. See what I mean about having a sense of humor? So funny.

IMG_0213

Ingrid and I have so much to be thankful for, and we can't wait to share the news of the new addition to our wonderful family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home